IGNORED

Remove speedo?!?

Dave P

Trying to extract speedometer to replace burned out bulbs. Have everything loose and it moves in the housing, but the damn thing won't come out! What gives?

Seems like with the 2 10mm nuts off it would just fall out.of the housing. Suggestions? Thanks, Dave

Trying to extract speedometer to replace burned out bulbs. Have everything loose and it moves in the housing, but the damn thing won't come out! What gives?

Seems like with the 2 10mm nuts off it would just fall out.of the housing. Suggestions? Thanks, Dave

Afternoon Dave

Those speedometer heads can stick in the housing from age & rubber sticking/binding. Sometimes you have to push pretty hard to get them to move, just be careful of the ODO re-set cable.

DR- ok its just a hard push it needs, hmmm. It's really hard to push with bare fingers on those threaded studs, maybe I need a thin flat piece of wood or plastic so i can push with a bit more force!

I thought maybe there was some hidden locking tab or something. I removed the loop around reset cable thing.

ps- did my brake bleeding today, see other topic post. Dave

I found that mine was somewhat of an interference fit. Maybe trying a hair dryer on low on the housing for a minute might free the clock.

Got it out. I removed the trip meter cable thing but didn't take off the plastic trip meter retainer thing. Once I took that off the speedo fell out nicely. Dave