IGNORED

Cal Sci

alfie

I took my first ride after replacing my stock shield with a large Cal Sci shield. I'm quite pleased with the change. Less wind buffeting, more of a soft streaming wind sound which I prefer.

Alfred

Is the improvement because the air flow change or just taller?

I don't like looking through the wind screen if I don't have to so I have considered a few options but haven't found one for me. Also looking for something to help my wife on the back she gets a sore neck sometimes in high winds.

I'm sure the air is moving differently/smoother, not just because of the windshield height. Raising the stock shield higher still gave me a lot of buffeting. The new Cal Sci shield is best at 1/3 up, I still look over it easily when I'm riding. (I'm 6' 1)

I have a Calsci XL. It cut down the buffetting and if I raise it an inch, it takes 90% away. I still look over it. That said, it gets marked up after years. I got it for the coverage, price and that no one that owned one reported broken supports on the windscreen. If/when I replace it, I'd want something with a tempered finish to resist scratches better and also have better finished edges.