IGNORED

My other addiction (Passion?)

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

It's been a long winter, but we finally launched the boat. We took a chance and purchased it in November of 2017 without hearing the engines run (I know...I know). We did plan ahead and had a hold back put into the contract in case something went wrong, but...to date, she has been as advertised and runs great. :)

Meet.... the "Aye Calypso", my other addiction. :)

20180519_155427-M.jpg

20180519_184506-M.jpg

Congrats. Always a good day when you first launch a boat. Hope you get many days on her this summer. Run up to Door County??? Always a favorite for us.

Lone_RT_rider
Run up to Door County??? Always a favorite for us.

It's on the list. :) The long term list has a week long trip to Mackinaw Island involved. I need to get a LOT more confidence in this boat before that happens though. :)

greiffster
Run up to Door County??? Always a favorite for us.

It's on the list. :) The long term list has a week long trip to Mackinaw Island involved. I need to get a LOT more confidence gas in this boat before that happens though. :)

:/

Lone_RT_rider
It's on the list. :) The long term list has a week long trip to Mackinaw Island involved. I need to get a LOT more confidence gas in this boat before that happens though. :)

:/

I did the rough calculations. Based on 5 gallons per hour (per engine, there are two) it's about $1K in gas for that trip.

Dennis Andress

Bring it over this way. The Puget Sound is an incredible place for something like that.

Lone_RT_rider
Bring it over this way. The Puget Sound is an incredible place for something like that.

Man, that sounds like bliss to me. I'm sure I could get it through the Panama canal. :D:rofl:

Lone_RT_rider
Where are the gun platforms? Depth charges?

Not an option. The boat could someday sail into Canadian waters.

Marty Hill

Man, that sounds like bliss to me. I'm sure I could get it through the Panama canal. :D:rofl:

I've done both the Panama Canal and the NW Passage over the top on the same trip. Happy to tag along!

Lone_RT_rider

I've done both the Panama Canal and the NW Passage over the top on the same trip. Happy to tag along!

I don't think you'll have that opportunity Marty. I'm pretty sure I can't afford THAT gas bill. :)

Okay, so where's the Molson and the hockey nets?

Patallaire

Best way to own a boat, know someone who does, bring the beer! Congratulations, now you will be time torn with the short summers.

Lone_RT_rider

Okay, so where's the Molson and the hockey nets?

Hockey nets are on order...and on this boat, Labatt's only thanks! :)