IGNORED

Tune2air Blue tooth adapter

AdirondackJack

AdirondackJack

I was wondering if anyone has ever used one of these units on their R1200RT LC:

Linky

I know some of the K1600 guys have hooked them up to the right hand glove box, which comes with

several music streaming plugs and receptacles. Since I just picked up this New-to-me 2015 RTLC,

I haven't yet familiarized myself with whether the bike comes with similar media hookups to the K1600.

From what I read over on the k1600 Forum, it allows you to stream music to your Blue tooth-equipped helmet

from your Ipod or Iphone and to use the wonder wheel to make selections.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Dave R.

The Radio in the Wethead RT is the same as in the K1600. Please explain the need for this Tune2air I'm not getting it.

If you want to integrate an iPhone or iPod to the radio, you need an adapter, and apparently this adapter connects to the RT's audio input while linked to the iPhone/iPod via bluetooth, while the conventional method would have the iPhone/iPod connected physically to the adapter, and there is very little room in that audio cubby-hole! :) The connection will allow you to use the wonderwheel and the RT's display to make selections of your music library in the iPhone/iPod as if you are operating the device directly.

I had done that, with my 64 gb iPod when I first got my '14 RT, but found that it was much better to copy all of my music media as MP3 onto a USB thumb drive (actually, I use a micro-SD and a tiny USB card reader) and make the connection to the RT that way. Took almost no room in that tiny cubby-hole, and I had the same usability as when I had the iPod connected, PLUS MORE options that were not available with the iPod!

My recommendation to the OP is to save the $89 and go the MP3 route!

AdirondackJack

Appreciate that input PadG. Sounds like a great way to accomplish the music source issue. Have you ever looked into this guy's You Tube information regarding pairing of blue tooth to your helmet and various music/audio sources:

RKA

He is a Sena dealer, and an avid motorcyclist (drives an RT LC). He has so many explanatory videos on the subject it is hard to know where to start listening.

I'd be interested in your input on him.

Best,

Dave R.

No Dave, I have not watched his video at all. I do watch YouTube video (and published a few myself), but I only look at those type of video when I am looking specifically for something or have some problems that I need to find answers. Don't have any bluetooth issues, especially right now. Just retired my old Neotec helmet along with the SENA SMH10, and bought the new Neotec 2 as well as the SENA SRL, and the units works really well. Zero issue with linking to the RT or the Nav V and phone. The old SMH10 would act up every so often.

AdirondackJack

Thanks Pad. I just moved to the Neotec 2 from the Schuberth C3pro, and decided against the SRL in favor of the 30K. I sold my Nav5, and decided not to buy the Nav6, partly because of expense, but mostly because I like the Waze app for my Iphone much better than the navigation features of the Garmin Nav. While I have all the items mentioned above, I have not yet installed them and gotten to test/use them. Planning to overcome the lower quality music audio issue I've read about with the Sena system by utilizing the Bose QC20 earbuds I bought to use on my 2015 R1200 RT LC. Do you feel that the bike's native bluetooth system is adequate to effectively handle the job, or do I need to purchase a separate bluetooth adapter/transmitter in order to get the system to work well, in your experience?

Thanks for your input.

Dave R.

I find that the RT's bluetooth audio quality is quite fine, but I do have to admit that I don't expect an awful lot while on the bike, and the music is just for background listening. My full attention is always on the ride and the road. I suspect that the issues that others had reported about audio volume (the lack thereof) and fidelity has more to do with the position of the speakers with respect to their ears. The SRL made it very easy in that the speakers simply snapped into their pockets, which lines up perfectly to my ears. Fidelity is good, and plenty of volume. Sounds a lot better than my prior SMH10, with after-market Tork X-Pro speakers. I did get better sounds out of the SMH10 when I hooked it to my Klipsch earbuds. BTW, I do recommend the Klipsch earbuds very highly, in that the patented oval shape of the tips fits inside my ear perfectly, and very comfortably, and allow me to ride with them in place for 4 - 5 hours in comfort, while the noise isolation is perfect for riding. I have a feeling that the Klipsch tips might even fit your Bose!

AdirondackJack

All good information Pad. Since the Neotec 2 is already set up for the SRL by Sena, even though I am using the 30K, at least the speakers will already have a prearranged cavity to occupy, which may provide good fidelity. I ordered a set of the the various sizes of the Klipsch ear cones that go on their earbuds to see if you are right about fitting and comfort. $8.99 (delivered), so I figured it's worth it, in case they fit and work. Will get back to the group here with feedback, as soon as I get a chance to try out your idea.

Best,

Dave R.