IGNORED

Big Red Goes Big!

TEWKS

Quite a surprise it wasn't Yamaha to pull the trigger on the open dual-sport class since they already have a bike in other markets. I've been wishing this for many years but finally settled on a WR250R. I lost faith it was ever going to happen. Now, after riding the WR on some of the greatest routes Colorado has to offer (thanks Bill) I think I'll be alright with what I have. Maybe.... :grin:

Motorcycle Daily

052318top-i-730x507.jpg

052318middle3-730x533.jpg

Pat

37 inch seat height I would need 8 inch leg extensions just to get my toes on the ground. Looks like a ton of fun though.

Nice to finally see some new players in the street legal 400ish CC spot. I've been hunting the ever elusive, reasonably priced, street legal WR450 for quite a while. Hard to justify spending more on a dirt bike with turn signals than I did on my 1200GS. Still happy to see the CRF. I think these mid range CC fuel injected bikes have really been missing from the lineups. Now we just need Kawasaki and Suzuki to get on board and update the KLR and DRZ platforms.

You can buy a street legal KTM 500 EXC-F for the same money that will be about 35 pounds lighter gassed up ready to ride.

roadscholar
You can buy a street legal KTM 500 EXC-F for the same money that will be about 35 pounds lighter gassed up ready to ride.

I think most of them know that, they don't want to worry about adjusting the valves. :)

Lone_RT_rider

I think most of them know that, they don't want to worry about adjusting the valves. :)

Sounds like on that engine you have to worry about replacing them, not adjusting them. Some quotes from the trolls on that link.....

Interesting….did we ever really find out what the heck caused the much higher than average ratio of failed early CRF450 heads?

How long does it take, and what is the parts cost to replace a tight valve? Why replace instead of just increasing the lash clearance?

Poor air filter care results in the titanium valves dishing, which tightens up the clearance. Valves were about $70 each on the last one I did and replace springs, etc. Seats usually clean up with a few cuts.
Antimatter

If I can get a set of motard wheels, I'd consider it. I'm not sure I'd actually like to ride one for any distance.

roadscholar

Sounds like on that engine you have to worry about replacing them, not adjusting them. Some quotes from the trolls on that link.....

Interesting….did we ever really find out what the heck caused the much higher than average ratio of failed early CRF450 heads?

How long does it take, and what is the parts cost to replace a tight valve? Why replace instead of just increasing the lash clearance?

Poor air filter care results in the titanium valves dishing, which tightens up the clearance. Valves were about $70 each on the last one I did and replace springs, etc. Seats usually clean up with a few cuts.

Darn, it takes them 20 years to plagiarize/copy KTM and the one thing they change doesn't work. :grin:

bayoubengal

I've waited for this bike for years but finally gave up and built a CRF250X Dual sport. So I probably pass on it. Probably...