IGNORED

Seat options?

Clyde777

Hi again,

Wondering if seats from RT or GS are interchangeable with my ST?

I see a few custom ones for sale and was considering something taller... seat is pretty good now but it is fun to modify.... let's not get started on my usual exhaust mods... yet!! haha!

I don't absolutely know for a fact but I'm gonna go with a no, they are not interchangeable.

Pat

Ok, thanks Pat. I will check into some other options... maybe in winter I can ship it to a seat company for some adjustments.

Dave

A Russell Day Long will get you some height and all the comfort you'll ever need! :thumbsup: The checkerboard pattern is not mandatory.

R1200ST.jpg

Pat

I have a Corbin seat with extra foam raising the seat top approximately 2". There is very little, if any, dip in the seat like the stock seat. Pull back risers help me to sit more upright.

Where are you located? I have an extra Bill M. saddle from my 06 RT You could try. It will defiantly give you more hight if thats what you are looking for.

Wow thanks for the offer! I am in Whitby Ontario... will try that option before I jump to a more custom set up...

I will search around for a riser set up, the ST has a cast unit that the bars appear to seat into... was pondering getting a machine shop to make me a pair of off-set bars, I don't mind a little added width as well.

Dave

Mine is an 05 ST, I seem to think it is also an 06 based on what I have read about when they came out? Anyway, would like to try the taller seat, I am a big feller... even an adventure is good for me, both feet on the ground at a stop.