IGNORED

Yamaha Niken. Would you?

Groanup

I don't think I'd buy one, but I would definitely like to ride one to find out why...

Got 12 minutes?

Antimatter

I'd love to ride one, especially on a track where I could explore the full lean angle. The cost of ownership, however, puts it outside of my comfort zone for now.

Said it before, big mistake not putting a stop/lock position on it for people with inseam and or balance problems.

Pat

Said it before, big mistake not putting a stop/lock position on it for people with inseam and or balance problems.

Pat

Are you calling me short :)

Pat

Are you calling me short :)

I'll have to check out that side by side pic of us again, but believe you're no shorter than me... :grin:

Pat

Well, I already have a Piaggio MP3 400. The Niken would be a further slide down the rabbit hole, not sure if that would be a positive or negative....

Not sure I would buy one, but am curious to ride one. Without a stop lock function like the Piaggio MP3, it looses out on the aging rider pool who might at some point not be comfortable to manage a two wheel machine, so a traditional trike, side car bike, Can-Am Spyder, or an MP3 remain the logical choices.

I wonder how it would be classified at the race track? If it lands in a loophole as a motorcycle it sure would an interesting ride as a tight track machine.

John Bentall

Pat

I doubt that somehow. I believe that the vast majority of MP3-style machines (with or without locking mechanisms) are sold to city commuters without a motorcycle endorsement who can slide them through city traffic. These commuters are neither old nor have balance problems.

Thus the critical questions are:-

1) Will motorcyclists take it for a test drive (we are a conservative bunch)?

2) Can it be categorised as a motor-tricycle and therefore be eligible to be ridden without a m/c endorsement in countries where this matters? If this is the case, then how the heck will Yamaha draw this fact to the attention of the public?

Edited by John Bentall