IGNORED

One sentence comparison of my '99 VS '15 RTs

Paul De

Road my '99 RT yesterday and it always strikes me as a gentleman in a tuxedo, and compared to my '15 RT which always strikes me as a rogue in a tuxedo.

I read lots of positive posts about the newer RT's. Frankly, the newer gen ('05 and up) leave me cold. If I want to ride something newer and more high tech I'll take out my K12S and enjoy its smoothness and brute force not to mention beauty. If I want soul I'll ride my RT or one of the Ducati's. I'm not 'dissing other people's rides......just stating my position.

and a nice collection it is too... so many choices... but I also advise against gong for that second Margarita... the one was deadly enough.

I read lots of positive posts about the newer RT's. Frankly, the newer gen ('05 and up) leave me cold. If I want to ride something newer and more high tech I'll take out my K12S and enjoy its smoothness and brute force not to mention beauty. If I want soul I'll ride my RT or one of the Ducati's. I'm not 'dissing other people's rides......just stating my position.

No dis taken. Haha, for me all street motorcycles became a bit sterile when electric start became standard equipment. But then again you don't have to spend a few hours every month checking the torque on all the nuts and bolts and having to put the bike in neutral at stop lights over worry that the clutch cable may snap. So, progress is good overall, but as you point out, may include some consequences.