IGNORED

09 intermittent fail light

joeb

Hi all. I'm an oilseed guy but I'm sitting in Tazewell Va with a new 09 rt driver. He's been getting intermittent brake fail warnings. Light stays on steady. Then it goes out for long periods of time. No rhyme or reason to when it happens. He says the brakes work fine even tho the light is off. Is that light indicative of ABS failure ?

Anyway , Jack of the Dragon is a beautiful area to ride.

Hi all. I'm an oilseed guy but I'm sitting in Tazewell Va with a new 09 rt driver. He's been getting intermittent brake fail warnings. Light stays on steady. Then it goes out for long periods of time. No rhyme or reason to when it happens. He says the brakes work fine even tho the light is off. Is that light indicative of ABS failure ?

Anyway , Jack of the Dragon is a beautiful area to ride.

Evening joeb

No way to tell much without grabbing the ABS failure codes, or LOTS more info.

Does the speedometer stay operational with the brake warning light on?

Might be as simple as the front brake rotor rubbing on the front wheel speed sensor wire or more involved like an ABS motor brush stuck, or anything in between.

Brake codes from a GS-911 would be the best way to go after this problem as that should give a starting point.

First of all I want to apologize for my lack of editing on the post. Jack of the Dragon ? oilseed ?? Believe it or not I did go back and correct the auto spell hijackings.

Back to the bike. Speedo works. Before the trip I did put tires on for him and loosened the abs sensor for wheel removal. I did take a look at it as soon as he mentioned the problem and it looks ok. The problem didn't manifest itself till after the tire install. If problem persists I will try to get error codes. Thanks for your help.

If this post says I'm log rolling twizzlers... disregard.

Damn auto spell.

Kwik follow up. Took another look at my buds ABS sensor. The mounting screw wasn't real tight so I pulled it out and reseated the sensor in its mount. 500 hundred miles later still no warning light. So far so good.