IGNORED

It's been a long time

wqbusch

I have been riding street bikes since 1982. Really love the sport. Rode dirt bikes till I was 46. I had a real bad knee (old football injury) till I had it replaced 4 years ago. Then while rehabbing the right knee the right hip gave out. So I have been riding in pain for about 5 or 6 years. Hardly able to take my foot off and on the right peg. Couldn't reach the back brake for years.

Well I got the right hip replaced 3 weeks ago. Called the doctor yesterday and ask if I could ride. He called me today and gave me the all clear. I got the Beemer out of storage and went for a ride. It was the best feeling I've had in a long time. I could lift my foot up and offf the peg almost pain free. I could reach the back brake. The entire ride was pain free and although only an hour long best ride in a long time.

I know there are a lot of forum members riding in pain from a hip or knee. Don't hang riding up. Get them fixed and stay in the saddle.

realshelby

Had my nose fixed a couple years ago. Broken 40 years before and never really could breathe through it.

Boy, was I foolish for not doing that MUCH sooner!!!!!

Some things can be fixed. I won't put them off going forward.

Lone_RT_rider
Had my nose fixed a couple years ago. Broken 40 years before and never really could breathe through it.

Me too.... I had a triple deviated septum. It's amazing what having more oxygen when you sleep does for you.

Great report. :clap: I"m having mine done on July 16th and hope to recover as quickly as you.

Then I can get off the scooter and back on the R 1150 R.

Yes, hip replacement does wonders! I'd had one replaced in 2010 and the surgeon mentioned to my wife that now that one was pain free, I'd be back in a year to have the other one replaced. Well, it was 7 years and it really did affect my riding. Lots of advill and Rx pain meds at night after a long day on the bike. I finally caved and had the other hip done. Once back on the bike, I couldn't believe how much pain I WASN'T in! Old habits die hard, and on long trips and to START, I brought lots of Advill and pain meds - as they were required with the old hip. Didn't need the first one. As you said, and as I've advised to others as well, don't wait! The pain and discomfort slowly build and one can become accustomed to it (to a degree) - but my what a new world when it's gone!

Edited by Indy Dave

THanks for the encouragement. Doning the Pre-surgery PT. Counting down the days. Haven't been the the scoot for a couple of weeks due to the pain. It will all be worth it once I'm recovered.

Looking forward to FART.