IGNORED

Warrettee rocks, sticky stuff, great dealer

Andrew Harmsworth

Andrew Harmsworth

So my bike went into BMW Bristol last week for the scheduled service, I had already reported that the menu button was sticking before dropping it off.

So I get a call about 2 hours later yes mr Harmsworth the button is sticking and we will need to replace the cluster of buttons on the left Handle bar. Cost £320. Now my bike is just about 3 years old out of original warrentee but as I bought it from a different dealer just over a year ago I got a 2 year extra warrantee at that time. So reminding BMW Bristol got the genuine responce, oh good, we can do it FOC.

While I was still on the phone BMW said that the exhaust valve was also sticking. Up shot- need new valve which comes as a unit with the headers and cat £1300 again FOC. I also mentioned that the paint was peeling off the front engine cover. For which the dealer said they would need to contact BMW as paint is not covered. By the time I collected the bike this had also been agreed FOC.

Final point I had a loaner while the bike was in. When dropping it off I had my laptop with me. No top box on the loaner so a problem to carry it home. So one of the techs overhead me saying I would need to sling it over my shoulder and offered to drop off my bag at my front door on his way home for me.

Very few times in my life have I been impressed with great service but this time I have, thank you BMW Bristol.

Now can I afford to have the bike when the warrentee is over!