IGNORED

Oh Joy Another Fuel Strip

Sonor

Not even two months after the last one was replaced, the new fuel strip has gone belly up, or gone to meet its maker, or passed, or is no more, etc (thank you Monty Python). So I am now going for either my fifth or sixth in one week.

So here's the interesting thing. It died yesterday on the way to work. On the way home, about 20 miles into my trek I see the gas registering about 3/4 of a tank of gas (which would be about correct) but the miles to go on the tank at 41. But within three miles it was dead again saying no gas.

Edited by Sonor

bummer. Is it still under warranty? I forget if you get one or three months warranty on the part. I think we are outside the 12 year warranty BMW was doing for the fuel strip. :(

All BMW parts get a two year warranty if it is installed by a BMW dealer. I just get to exercise this advantage 22 months early. :-)

Edited by Sonor
All BMW parts get a two year warranty if it is installed by a BMW dealer. I just get to exercise this advantage 22 months early. :-)

Morning Sonor

This isn't always the case. All (customer paid) BMW parts get a two year warranty if it is installed by a BMW dealer. But per a BMW memo that I have seen if the part is installed under warranty (BMW paid) then it is only covered until end of normal motorcycle warranty period. Now, whether or not BMW always adheres to this I can't say.

Well if they don't then I will be sending them a bill for my time and travel for the past three episodes. (that is figuring they should have gotten it correct by the third time) Oh, and I will also be dumping this bike at first chance.

Edited by Sonor
  • 2 weeks later...
Oh, and I will also be dumping this bike at first chance.

Well, it could be a good buy for someone like me! Before dumping the bike do a google search for BMW fuel strip zap repair. You will find youtube videos showing how to repair the fuel strip in about 10 minutes for under $5.00. I was skeptical but tried it and it WORKS!

Ewell