IGNORED

2018 UN Rally ... July 23-27

Whip

Plans are shaping up for a trip to the PNW and, since it's along the way, I guess I'm in.

Yea! Let's hope this really happens this year!ðŸ‘

Thanks Bob. Looking pretty sure (always subject to change), OTOH, I won't have to worry about prostate cancer treatments this year. :rofl:

Edited by Bud
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, let's see...

My new-ish bike hasn't been on a true long-distant trip yet,

had to cancel trip to START,

single, so no permission or coordination needed,

and it's the start of slow season at work.

Guess that means I'm IN!

Christopher Patterson, just me, Id's_OK

• 2 weeks later...

OUT. Hip replacement surgery scheduled for July 13th. No UN. No big trip out west after. But pain free hip is worth something, isn't it????? :clap: :clap: :grin:

This surgeon is fully booked. For instance, if I didn't take the appointment that I had today, the next available opening was April18th.

8 weeks post op I will be good to go. Have a cold one for me at the UN!

Ask the DR. about a waiting list to move you up. Maybe someone will cancel or move or whatever....

Happened once already. My orig appt was April 18th.

• 2 weeks later...

So..... sitting here as the massive snow (in PA) from yesterday is tumbling off the roof and limbs, heavy from the stuff, are cracking off... I'm working on seeing if this can work (please oh pleas oh please).

As we say in the i'm-still-employed-stage of life, I'm a firm maybe :)

So..... sitting here as the massive snow (in PA) from yesterday is tumbling off the roof and limbs, heavy from the stuff, are cracking off... I'm working on seeing if this can work (please oh pleas oh please).

As we say in the i'm-still-employed-stage of life, I'm a firm maybe :)

Book your room now!

Our block of rooms is ONLY held till March 30th.

Only $10 to cancel the reservation before July 13th.

• 1 month later...
TheDigginDutchman

Hello Whip.

Cindy ,Cornelis ,L Bump and Sue are in we will be camping in a RV and bringing street bikes and Duel Sport bikes.Lots to explore !!

OldBMWMaster

Barbie and I will miss the fun this year. The BMWRA Rally is the weekend before in PA and she still has to work for a living.

• 2 months later...

I know I've been away for a while - I won't bore you with details - but isn't 2018 supposed to be an East Coast year? Or am I just seriously confused (i.e., normal)?

I know I've been away for a while - I won't bore you with details - but isn't 2018 supposed to be an East Coast year? Or am I just seriously confused (i.e., normal)?

Since I have been a member even years have been West of the Mississippi.

It goes like this. The first UnRally (Un #1) was in 2002 in Gunnison, CO (western half of the U.S.) Thus, you can see that the number of the UnRally and the year, are off by one and have continued to be off by that much every year.

This year is 2018, an even year. And the UnRally is UnRally17, an odd number. So the Uns are in the West on even years, but it is the odd # Uns that are in the West. The Uns are in the East on odd years, but it is the even # Uns that are in the East.

Confused yet? :dontknow::ohboy:

2016 was Montana, 2017 North Carolina. So nope, it'd be west half again. Although its about midway going east to west so not really either coast. Can we call it a North Coast year?

Alls I know is that I get to ride 1500+ miles to get there...

I think more than that......I routed from here to the UN was 760 miles.....course it wasnt the shortest way....

Yea but look who'll you'll get to hang out with! :Yes:

szurszewski

Are you saying the ride there is worth the punishment of the company once you arrive?

Are you saying the ride there is worth the punishment of the company once you arrive?

Precisely!

Why, yes. In fact, I'm one of the nicest people I know!! Just ask anyone else here.....

T-7 for Mark Mayhew (Marcopolo) and I! We leave on the 14th via Whipville for 4 days of riding in Colorado before heading to the UN. :thumbsup:

T-7 for Mark Mayhew (Marcopolo) and I! We leave on the 14th via Whipville for 4 days of riding in Colorado before heading to the UN. :thumbsup:

T-20

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

T+3 :grin::burnout::revit:

I'm a firm OUT for this year. Plans will begin - at least in my mind if not my bank account - for 2019's UN18.

Bike is ready.. 12,000 mile done, new tyres fitted and on. :thumbsup:

Now if I can get myself ready, where's my meds?? :rofl:

Looks like it will a little WARM getting there!!

Can't wait to see ya'll. :wave:

T-7 for me, I leave next Friday around 8pm. Arrive Palmer Gulch Saturday around 8pm. Just took the bike into BMW dealer and had it checked over, all good, no issues. Very excited to have a week off and site see the area.

T-7 for us as well. We are trailering the Spyder and GS. I've been on the road for the past three months with work and looking forward to some time off.

We spent a few days in Rapid City on the way to the UN at Red Lodge and had a blast.

I've had a change of plans. My wife is attending a ladies motorcycle rally in ND on Saturday. But I really want to do the Devils Tower run on Sunday. So I'm leaving her behind and traveling to SD on Saturday. She has a GPS and can find her own way. :-)

Anyway, my Palmer Gulch reservation only started on Sunday. But I have a sister in Rapid I'd like to see anyway. So I'll be in Rapid on Saturday. What's going to be the best way/time to meet up with everyone for me to go to the Devils Tower ride on Sunday? I'm guessing I just need a good time to arrive at PG Sunday morning.

T+1. Sharon's mom broke her leg yesterday, and we are all up in the air. Today's planned departure did not occur.

ok YES that was my daily ride list. But anyone is welcome to join us. assuming no vehicle trouble on the drive out on Saturday, our Sunday AM departure is 8:30am local time. Bike fueled and ready to ride. Andy Raye has a Sena 20s so if you have one you will be able to sync with Andy.

AND just a NOTE: Andy and I are SLOW riders and we do stop to take pictures and enjoy ourselves. that is one of the reason I posted the list. One to get feedback and two if other riders wanted to do the same ride, but did not want to go at our pace, they could. If you want to join Andy and I we would enjoy the company.

If anyone wants to join us on other days, current plan is 8:30am leave time each day. Andy and I are pretty responsible (well some might disagree) but we can run late up to 15 minutes. But for the most part we plan on leaving Palmer Gulch each day at 8:30am. Also each day is planned on a 5pm return time.

Edited by randy