IGNORED

Stewarts Point - Skaggs Creek Rd?

From 101 to 1....

Looks crazy on the map. As far as I can tell with street view it's paved. Anyone familiar with it? Paved all the way? Fun?

Danny caddyshack Noonan

And, just to remind you that speed is the devil, posted 35mph for most of its length. Never seen any coppers bored enough to work it though. Yes, fun.

Bill_Walker

I'm assuming you meant Stewarts Point-Skaggs Springs Rd.

It's been so many years since I've been on it that I don't remember, but here's an entry from 2012 on Twistypedia (found with Google; who knew there was such a thing?): Stewarts Point-Skaggs Springs Rd.

I'm pretty sure Stubble (Sebastian) has ridden it recently. You should ask him.

I'm assuming you meant Stewarts Point-Skaggs Springs Rd.

It's been so many years since I've been on it that I don't remember, but here's an entry from 2012 on Twistypedia (found with Google; who knew there was such a thing?): Stewarts Point-Skaggs Springs Rd.

I'm pretty sure Stubble (Sebastian) has ridden it recently. You should ask him.

Yeah, that.

I encountered the usual car and truck traffic on this very narrow road, but it was some of the bicyclists that required extra attention. As you would expect, lots of tight, narrow turns with blind corners. Several times I had bicyclists riding way too fast and crossing into the oncoming "lane" of traffic. The day of the week you chose to ride might help mitigate encounters.

• 2 weeks later...
From 101 to 1....

Looks crazy on the map. As far as I can tell with street view it's paved. Anyone familiar with it? Paved all the way? Fun?

Did you go? I was all set to give you ten thumbs up, it's a great ride if you like ‘em goat-pathy. We did it in the snow some while back, which was pretty weird Bay Area weather.

• 4 weeks later...

Jan it's a quintissential sonoma county moto road, with the eastern half being a perfectly paved and banked ridge-road racetrack, and the western half being a delightfully goaty, wooded and scenic 1.5 lane backroad. Some turn around near the transition and go back for another lap of the good stuff, while the rest of us just blow on out to the coast with the rear wheel dancing through the sporadic gravel. It makes for a great connector on big coast loop rides. I actually prefer going the easterly direction, finishing up with hot tires and big grins before a meal at Bear Republic in healdsburg.

The sandwiches at Stewarts Point store on the coastel end are pretty good too.

I hear they just chip sealed the goaty half, which it needed.

Here's a couple pics of the east side.

2017-01-01_14-56-28_IMG_9531-X3.jpg

2013-03-30%2009-06-17%20DSC01809-X3.jpg