IGNORED

Legendary BMW R7 is back!!!

MotoIcon

BMW r7 is an Art Deco bike that was built by a well-know extraordinary engineer Alfred Boning. the bike is absolutely stunning but unfortunately couldn't go into mass production due to high costs for those times.... so it was put to storage until it was found by accident 70 years later. they restored the prototype but it still never went into production. I am a huge fan of BMW in general and do a lot of research...recently I found this sketch of nmoto design ....maybe they will bring it back to life....I can't manage to attach the sketch (its too heavy and now it says I exceeded the amount of file I can attach maybe because im new to this forum) but if you guys are curious visit NMOTO.COM.....thats where I found it...

6953.jpg.ee1987c6d2276b4c0dc11469853f0733.jpg

Photos on this site usually are linked from hosting sites elsewhere. This pic is not all that big, I just used the URL of your attachment with image tags around it. The original:

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6953&filename=bmw_r7.jpg

Found the concept sketch elsewhere:

80f38d911e979bb451f361873ae8787dfcc6204a.jpg

I applaud the idea, but judging from the sketch, a low seat and modern R1200 engine does not leave any place for my legs. The original had the cylinders on the same plane as the axles. The new, much larger cylinders are well above the axles, and the throttle bodies/air cleaners are huge compared to the old carbs. The sketch works as art, but I'll be watching to see if they can turn it into a rideable reality.

Edited by lkraus