IGNORED

DUCATI Me!

TEWKS

I know there are a few floating about these pages, let's see them please. :Yes:

After 24 years of owning this bike, I can honestly say I still absolutely love it. :thumbsup:

image_zpsfpqkqxi4.jpg

Pat

roadscholar

Great bike Pat. I had a couple CR's over the years and admit I liked seeing the motor, but the SP def has it's own special beauty. My favorite though was an original 900 Monster I had 20+ years ago, that thing was just pure fun!

This was my last, an S4RS from 7 or 8 years ago, an incredible machine no doubt but more than I wanted to deal with by then. I never got comfortable with it. It was either going to hurt us both or get me in trouble, neither of which was all that appealing.. I sure liked looking at it though : )

IMG_3543-XL.jpg

IMG_3542-XL.jpg

Edited by roadscholar
roadscholar
There she is right next to her new stablemate.

2018070922065110-IMG_4672-XL.jpg

Jake that's just almost not fair to have two motorcycles that good looking, love the colors.. (there's a magnet on my fridge of a grey/red Monster, it's stayed there nearly 20 years : )

Edited by roadscholar
szurszewski

41505348590_38dc176c78_c.jpg

Just picked it up in May - planning to ride it to the Un...we'll see how my back and wrists feel about that....

Great bike Pat. I had a couple CR's over the years and admit I liked seeing the motor, but the SP def has it's own special beauty. My favorite though was an original 900 Monster I had 20+ years ago, that thing was just pure fun!

This was my last, an S4RS from 7 or 8 years ago, an incredible machine no doubt but more than I wanted to deal with by then. I never got comfortable with it. It was either going to hurt us both or get me in trouble, neither of which was all that appealing.. I sure liked looking at it though : )

IMG_3543-XL.jpg

IMG_3542-XL.jpg

Motorcycle as sculpture! :clap:

This was my first Duc, a '92 907IE, the pic taken at the top of Monarch Pass while on a ride with a buddy on his 900SS

May%201%202007%20download%20404-M.jpg

Here it is again while on a ride with a local Ducati gang:

May%2015%202007%20download%20001-M.jpg

My second Duc, an '05 ST3 which I'll be riding to this year's Un:

Duc%2011-L.jpg

And here's the ST's garage mate, a recently acquired '04 1000DS Supersport:

IMG_1642-X2.jpg

Lone_RT_rider
All great looking bikes, guys! Jake, awesome new RT too! :clap:

Pat

Did you like how he snuck that new "Das Sprinklerhead" in there? I swear, I told him NOT to go ride that thing!!!

All great looking bikes, guys! Jake, awesome new RT too! :clap:

Pat

Did you like how he snuck that new "Das Sprinklerhead" in there? I swear, I told him NOT to go ride that thing!!!

Yes, very casual cool. Oh, BTW! :java::revit::grin:

Pat

I'm looking for a multiple bike disorder support group. Can you help?

You've come to the right place. We meet every Tuesday night at 7:00 :grin:

Pat

I was oh so close to getting an 899 or 1199, but the HP4 just screamed my name!!!!

How's that saying go, Horse Shoes and Hand Grenades. :grin:

Richard, I'm quite sure that HP4 is one sweet ride! :revit:

Pat

Bill_Walker
It was either going to hurt us both or get me in trouble, neither of which was all that appealing.. I sure liked looking at it though : )

That's exactly the way I felt about my ST4. It came with a little devil who rode on my shoulder saying "You can take that corner faster than that."

I checked recently and, oddly enough, although it's 100 lbs heavier, the power-to-weight ratio of my 1200RT-LC is about the same. Cornering is pretty good, too. But I'm a much more experienced rider.

That's exactly the way I felt about my ST4. It came with a little devil who rode on my shoulder saying "You can take that corner faster than that."

I know that little SOB....he rides with me all the time..... :mad:

I really enjoyed my 900SS Duc. I totally admire your growing collection of Ducs to accompany the Beemer.

If this continues we will have to reconsider our monthly lunches at the Mexican place and look for an Italian joint... just sayn'

I really enjoyed my 900SS Duc. I totally admire your growing collection of Ducs to accompany the Beemer.

If this continues we will have to reconsider our monthly lunches at the Mexican place and look for an Italian joint... just sayn'

Bob, you'll have to go back to the Duc side in order to eat Italian. It's the rulz, dude, I don't make 'em up....

Sorry about the dust...this was relegated to the back of the garage when my stiff old knees prevented me from riding it, Prior to that, it served as my street/canyon bike for about 20 years.

ktxodaa.jpg

Lone_RT_rider

Bahjesus that's gorgeous!

Sorry about the dust...this was relegated to the back of the garage when my stiff old knees prevented me from riding it, Prior to that, it served as my street/canyon bike for about 20 years.

ktxodaa.jpg

Dusty Ducs are ok by me, especially that one! :thumbsup: I'm not a Ducati expert but do play one on TV. Something tells me that's a pretty rare bird?

Pat

Yeah...about 50 imported into the US if I recall correctly. I purchased it new in 1988 from a dealer in Akron OH. It was part of a series of 3 specialty models including the Santa Monica and Monjuic. I received it with no turn signals or air filters, and stickers reading "closed course competition only". I sold it to a private collector in Denver a few years ago, who placed it in his museum. The owner passed away soon after and the collection was liquidated. Would love to know where it is now. 16" sport tires are pretty hard to find these days, so I doubt it is being ridden much. I would have cleaned it up and placed it in the living room, but ran into resistance from my wife. It might have been smarter not to ride it so much, but it was just too much fun.

Thanks for the history on the bike, it would have been a tough one to part with for me. But then again, I've got issues... :grin:

Pat