IGNORED

SpotWalla Location Page for Unrally

BMW_Ken

I have set up a SpotWalla location page for the Unrally for those interested in joining. This will display folks whereabouts as they make their way to the Unrally and back home. Those that have Spot trackers probably already know about SpotWalla, but it can also be used (free of charge) with iPhones (need SWConnect app) and Android phones(need Bubbler GPS app).

To join the page and participate you first need a SpotWalla account. Info for doing this is at https://spotwalla.com/help/accounts.php#create . Directions for setting up your Android phone (after installing the Bubbler GPS app from the Google Ap store) is here https://spotwalla.com/help/devices.php#update-bubbler . Directions for setting up an iPhone(after installing the SWConnect app) can be found here https://spotwalla.com/help/devices.php#update-swc .

There is also info for setting up secure zones. You may want one around your home so no one can pinpoint your location if you turn the tracking app on while at home. https://spotwalla.com/help/devices.php#home .

The location page will become active on July 14.

The direct link for joining is https://spotwalla.com/join.php?a=a&id=566 . The password to join is PalmerGulch .

The link for viewing the location page is https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=566 .

Looking forward to the Unrally.

szurszewski

Cool - thanks for setting that up. I'm sure my wife, who is opting to skip this year and work (ugh) instead, will have fun checking in. Hopefully it won't just be me that signs up :)

Thanks Ken = I have used SpotWalla before and have found it to be a fun tool for my family and friends.

Looking forward to seeing you at the UN.

Ok - I think I'm all set up, but I guess I have to wait until Saturday to find out. Damn impatience!

Page is now active. You can test your setup.

szurszewski
Ok - I think I'm all set up, but I guess I have to wait until Saturday to find out. Damn impatience!

Excellent! Thanks for encouraging my quest for instant gratification!

Looks like your tracker is working, I see you on the page.

So that means a quick trip to Forever 21 at the Capital Mall? :bike::grin:

well its not working, i have setup spotwalla for the android phone and using bubbler as the gps source, the api is set to on.

wheni go into bubbler itgives me green lights but when i drill down one level in the spotwalla device settings; it gives me an orange,, not enabled for bubbler

any suggestions?

well its not working, i have setup spotwalla for the android phone and using bubbler as the gps source, the api is set to on.

wheni go into bubbler itgives me green lights but when i drill down one level in the spotwalla device settings; it gives me an orange,, not enabled for bubbler

any suggestions?

I would suggest sending an email to Jason Jonas at support@spotwalla.com . He is usually quick to respond and wrote the SpotWalla software, so he should be able to help.

szurszewski

So that means a quick trip to Forever 21 at the Capital Mall? :bike::grin:

You might be shocked if you knew how often I went to Forever 21....

...or maybe not.

well who knew now i show up on the page, so it is working, I am stn.. will have to wait and see it move once i start rolling on saturday, i don't have data on my current Canadian cell plan, jsut don't use it but once i get south of the border i plan to get a prepaid sim with data which will make this work better i think...

John Ranalletta

I'm all logged in but the map icon shows me as "???" whereas others have letters. I'd like to change mine but cannot see where to do that.

Help if you know.

TIA

Go to the this LINKlink and click on "Active/Future Location Pages" . You should see the BMWST Unrally page and to the right will be an edit link. Click the edit link and to the right of the window that comes up will be a box called "Location ID". You can put your initials or whatever you want (Limited to 3 or 4 characters) in that box.

That should do it.

Edited by BMW_Ken
lawnchairboy

my tribe will be traveling under "LAW"

looking forward to seeing everyone.

the Jed Clampetts.

I'm in! WCP, that's me.

Considering an Iron Butt Bun Burner as part of this trip (since I'll be covering the 1,500 mi in the first two days regardless!), and this will help. Thanks Ken!

Quick question/clarification...

To allow friends & family to see where I am, I just need to share the link to the Un map, right? There's nothing to set up or for them to register, correct? I know my mom will love this! ;-)

okay i'm up and running.... cover 700km today. heading to Elma WA for the Norton rally, then turn right head toPalmer Gulch at the end of the week...

Edited by SANTA
Quick question/clarification...

To allow friends & family to see where I am, I just need to share the link to the Un map, right? There's nothing to set up or for them to register, correct? I know my mom will love this! ;-)

You are correct. It is setup as a public map, so anyone can view if they have a link. No registration required.

You might also want to create a trip for your ride. This would give you a breadcrumb trail (track history) of your ride. This is what they want to see for the Iron butt ride certification.

szurszewski
okay i'm up and running.... cover 700km today. heading to Elma WA for the Norton rally, then turn right head toPalmer Gulch at the end of the week...

You'll be just in our backyard. I'm planning to leave early Friday morning, ride through Mt Rainier National Park, then pick up US12 to something like Lewiston.

What's your route to Palmer look like? Maybe we can overlap somewhere.

Hey...I'm in Beaver Creek not TX! I'm sure it's user error, but when I've checked the live map, it's had old locations.

Anyway, had a great day tooling around CO today, and from the looks of this map, probably saw a couple of you! We'll trade stories at Palmer Gulch.

Hey...I'm in Beaver Creek not TX! I'm sure it's user error, but when I've checked the live map, it's had old locations.

Anyway, had a great day tooling around CO today, and from the looks of this map, probably saw a couple of you! We'll trade stories at Palmer Gulch.

May have been us! Endobobdds, Marcopolo, & Bikeman. We have been staying in Gunnison for 4 days of riding prior to heading up to the UnRally. :thumbsup:

Lone_RT_rider
May have been us! Endobobdds, Marcopolo, & Bikeman. We have been staying in Gunnison for 4 days of riding prior to heading up to the UnRally. :thumbsup:

Bob,

Once you get done with this trip, you might want to update the bike list in your signature. :)

Bob,

Once you get done with this trip, you might want to update the bike list in your signature. :)

Yes, inquiring minds would like to know. :clap: Betting it may have a G and an S in its description? :dontknow:

Pat

That's awesome, Bob! :clap: I know you're on the road so I'll toss you a stand-in photo till ya get back! :grin:

2e2e5bb3-0673-44bf-8227-18d2699dcbbe_zpsmkgv0dcp.jpg

Pat

szurszewski

I'm having fun watching everyone converge. I was planning to go from Belgrade MT to Ten Sleep WY tomorrow.... but my “new” Ducati has decided it needs to leak both oil (blown pressure switch/sensor) and DOT 4 (clutch slave). Sigh. It's probably pissed that I took it over a 25 mile dirt pass this afternoon ;)

Fortunately it looks like NAPA can hook me up tomorrow. When they open. At ten! Then we'll see how far I make it...

szurszewski
Are you in Billings, Josh? Need anything? We're in Columbus.

Yep - in Billings. Don't think I need anything unless you have a spare clutch slave for a Ducati (cleaned it up and it's not leaking much, so it works well enough). Got a new pressure switch here, so that's all set :)

I guess I do need a good route to Palmer gulch. Any ideas?