IGNORED

Dirtrider Question R1200Rt on final Drives

Mark C

I have one that says K6/2 25/08 and 0/8 also 7712569/02

another that says K5/1 20/08 and 0/7 also 7712569/01

Does either set of numbers reveal the designation for abs 1 or 2? The counter rings are not listed or shown in parts diagram.

These are both 33/12 police versions and parts book says changed 08/06.

You may have service manuals to show distinctions?

Thanks,

Mark

I have one that says K6/2 25/08 and 0/8 also 7712569/02

another that says K5/1 20/08 and 0/7 also 7712569/01

Does either set of numbers reveal the designation for abs 1 or 2? The counter rings are not listed or shown in parts diagram.

These are both 33/12 police versions and parts book says changed 08/06.

You may have service manuals to show distinctions?

Thanks,

Mark

Morning Mark

I started to research this from your other thread & kind of hit a dead end, I was going to follow up but got busy & forgot about it.

I am still at kind of a dead end as those darn 1200 final drives (especially RT-P) are a mess to keep up with as BMW serviced older bikes with newer versions even

during warranty periods.

The speed sensors are different between the early I-ABS & later I-ABS gen2 drives but I'm not sure if the side cover holes are different diameter or that area was addressed by using that later centering ring.

I'll see what I can find out but my basic parts books really don't tell me much (especially on the RT-P parts).

You might try calling Mike at Beemer Boneyard (he has probably had to deal with this at one time or another).

D.R.

Thanks for trying.

I don't know why they have so many numbers on these things and they mean nothing to me?

Side holes? You mean the size of the speed sensor holes?

Mark

PS. I pulled 2 - 2009 RTP apart last week.

One had a 22mm driveshaft, one had a 24mm ? No telling from looking at transmission until it is apart.

Mark

D.R.

Side (cover) holes? You mean the size of the speed sensor holes?

Afternoon Mark

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

What's your general opinion of the 09s?

I might trade the brick for an RT. A dude in flagstaff has a nice one for sale..

Might do a phone call sometime soon also..

Hey Charles,

Yeah , I have about 6 of them, Some were retired CHP auctions. I love them, fits me fine but I still find a couple of things to hate.

They are easier to work, smoother, faster, lighter than oilheads. BMW switched a couple of parts to plastic that suck. Fuel fittings and throttle body cams wheels. They break if not careful. Never should have been used.

09 's have nicer ABS 11, bigger splines, the ones I have running are all up there 140k ish. still tight and strong.

707-245-3289 mornings.

Mark

I took a quick look at some issue threads and the plastic TB cams info.

Thinking about something that's more 2-up friendly, but not off road/no GS's necessary/ RTs are just fine..

My KGT is really too small for long distances with me and the GF. (and she's a skinny chick too) but this flying brick of mine is rock-solid!

I am reluctant to trade her off but no way I can afford 2 bikes and this particular 09 RT is in Arizona. Too far away just to kick tires.