IGNORED

Condensation

Pletch

So, never laid down the bike, never ever use a pressure washer. Road through some rain last weekend, nothing I haven't done before and not as heavy as I have ridden through before either...really no big deal.

Well this time I have condensation in the right front turn signal housing of my 06 R12RT. So, anyone else have this problem suddenly appear? If so, how did you fix it?

Pletch

So, never laid down the bike, never ever use a pressure washer. Road through some rain last weekend, nothing I haven't done before and not as heavy as I have ridden through before either...really no big deal.

Well this time I have condensation in the right front turn signal housing of my 06 R12RT. So, anyone else have this problem suddenly appear? If so, how did you fix it?

Petch

Morning Pletch

That can happen once in a while. Normally some small leak in the light housing (usually at the bulb socket gasket). Doesn't happen often or regularly but CAN happen.

It happens more often if the bike is ridden in warm/hot weather then ridden for a while before encountering the cold rain. The warm lamp housing gets cooled by the cold damp rain so the interior goes to a slight negative pressure (vacuum) then moisture gets sucked in.

The fix (repair) is to find the moisture entry point then seal that.

Well thanks much kind Sir, may you be amply rewarded with a sunny traffic free day on a very twisty road!

Do you have a recommendation on re-sealing the point? Silicon grease or new rubbery things or something else?

Thanks,

pletch

Edited by Pletch