IGNORED

Crash Bar compatible with BMAW fog lights

BamaRider

Search on this subject ( ie RT crash bar compatible with BMW fog lights) came back no dice.

I have a 2108 RT with BMW fog lights. I found just what I needed at Twisted Throttle, but they won't work with my lights. Google search on the subject was all over the map, so I come to the collective. Anyone out there overcome this?

Pretty sure most crash bars use the mounting location the BMW light brackets use. Did you try Illium Works or Ztechnic bars?

I'm using the Wunderlich bars with the BMW light brackets. Works fine but the Wunderlich bars must be significantly loosened when removing the stock valve covers.

From Wunderlich:

The bars ARE compatible with the Original BMW auxiliary lights. For installation, the auxiliary light brackets need to be unbolted. The engine bars connect to the point at which the auxiliary lights are attached. The auxiliary lights are then attached to a provision on the engine protection bars.

but

Not compatible with the Original BMW valve cover protectors.

Edited by narcosis

As noted above, the Wunderlich bars are quite compatible in that it has mounting holes for the BMW light bars. OTOH, I hate my Wunderlich bars, and would love to have the Ztechnik one instead!

Now, I don't know this for fact, BUT even though the Ztechnik bars uses the light bar mounting position on the RT for its own mount, I believe that the BMW light bars can still be mounted in the same location. The Ztechnik bars uses bolts & nuts to secure the bar to the light bar mount location on the RT. Look at the end of the BMW light bars, and you will see that the ends are threaded boss, and that is secured with a bolt through the mount location! I can imagine using the same bolt that mounts the Ztechnik bar to that location, and use the threaded boss of the light bar in lieu of a nut! Should work fine. One of these days, I am just going to toss my Wunderlich bars and get the Ztechnik ones!