IGNORED

City lid repair question

Hank R1200RT

Hank R1200RT

I rode between two yellow barrier posts and the left one tapped my saddlebag city lid. The impact sheared off the internal front top flange which is used to center the lid into the fixed part of the saddle bag. Nothing is cracked in the lid and the flange is not bent, just separated from the lid. I tried gaffers tape to hold it in place, but that only lasted about three open-close cycles.

Has anyone made a similar repair? Glue or drill and bolt? What type of glue and how long did it last?

Thanks in advance for any experienced replies!

I rode between two yellow barrier posts and the left one tapped my saddlebag city lid. The impact sheared off the internal front top flange which is used to center the lid into the fixed part of the saddle bag. Nothing is cracked in the lid and the flange is not bent, just separated from the lid. I tried gaffers tape to hold it in place, but that only lasted about three open-close cycles.

Has anyone made a similar repair? Glue or drill and bolt? What type of glue and how long did it last?

Thanks in advance for any experienced replies!

Afternoon Hank

A couple of pictures from taken from a couple of different angles showing the damage would really help us give you some ideas on how to repair.

Dennis Andress

In the past I've had good luck with ABS glue and a piece of ABS plastic from a local retailer. The glue melts the plastic before hardening. Done right it can be strong enough.