IGNORED

Jamed side case wont lock onto bike

Cycledude

Has any one else had this happen to them?

Today I removed both the bags from 2015 RT to was the bike. Now both cases will not lock back onto the bike.

This happened to me three weeks ago with one case. I had to open up the case to assist the mechanism back into place. There is a really gnarly sliding mechanism inside that is covered in grease. That slide part was jammed with a retainer tab that is attached to the spring loaded pin. The slide retracted so far that the pin fixture interfered with slide as it tried to return to the locked position.

Note: This photo shows the slide and the retainer tab in correct orientation.

43556151061_2b3e56aa77_z.jpg

So, now I have two cases that need assistance. Seems like every time I take the cases off the bike I am at risk of this happening. That is totally unacceptable.

What has everyone else done? Someone else must have encountered this.

Snowy.

Edited by Essnowyt
LittleBriar

I had a similar problem with my left case on my '16 RT. I took the thing completely apart but couldn't find a problem. Put it back together, it still wouldn't larch. Then suddenly, it started working. Hasn't been a problem since. This has happened twice. I too am worried it will show up again at the worst time.

It's still under warranty but I'm sure it will work flawlessly when I take it in.