IGNORED

Debugging

Red

On my 96 RT I would just scrape the big bits off with my finger nail then use a hose end sprayer. The little bits would pass through and out. How do you debug the 2018 radiators? With the high 90's and 100 degree temps I'm riding in recently, the temp meter is regularly in the 6 bar mode rather than 5 bar normal range. The 2018 radiators appear to have a finer mesh than the 96 RT and I don't think my hose end sprayer will work. I hesitate to hit the radiators with high pressure hose. Probably not good on the equipment and just may drive the bug parts deeper into the radiator. I'm considering reaching in with an old tooth brush and gently scraping them off. I don't think I can get to several areas that way. Is there a bike friendly spray that'll just melt them?

Spray with Hydrogen Peroxide you can use it on the plastic, let it soak for a little while then wash/rise off.

Jay

I have ridden through Love Bug swarms enough here and I have never had the temperature fluctuate that I can remember. Be very, very careful spraying high pressure at those radiators! I just soak them with water and squirt from the backside with a garden hose.

Simple Green will dissolve bugs very well. Spray on, let it sit a few minutes and spray thru using sensible water pressure .

The big K bikes especially would puke out enough bugs to feed several, uh, bug eaters.

SG is a good degreaser as well and leaves your engine smelling minty fresh.