IGNORED

Dutch GP

lawnchairboy

Yes, best of the year. Watched it live as well. I'm continually amazed by the number of people attending the races. What a party.

Two weeks ago, I was falling asleep during the race. This race, first lap, I was out of my chair, pulse up and yelling. Even my wife came in to see what the fuss was about, and stayed to watch.

Then it got better...

Yea. It was exciting. First lap was great. My biggest complaint is Max doing his common Kimi bump n run. Kimi didn't complain post race, but had the roles been reversed, me thanks Max would be. I get it, he's taking advantage of the maturity of the older drivers, and I was glad to see the consequences for once impact the young driver when both RB cars went out. I guess my point is I'm not a fan of his smug attitude. I get it - he has the luxury right now of racing against top teams with mature drivers who have a longer view. Things will get exciting when his peers move up to the top teams and they give him no quarter or use him to bump n run.

As to Kimi - I was never a fan of his for no particular reason, until he came back with Lotus and was fantastic, till politics got involved and the tire compounds were changed mid season. He does seem to play a bit safe on the starts. One thing that has always puzzled me is the calls for his and other drivers to be let go. The qualifying difference between the 2 team Ferrari's is nothing practically measurable. You don't see Indycar teammates being disparaged for their qualifying or seasonal point differences compared to their teammates - it seems to be unique to F1.

roadscholar

That was great, thanks for the link Selden. I don't think Kimi or even Max would want to get mixed up with that bunch. :grin:

Antimatter

Eh, the whole soap opera thing has no interest for me. Marquez is able to win on good days, and score podiums on bad days. And, he even finished the race when he crashed. He's taken riding to a whole new level, and deserves to be champion. Personality-wise, they're all smiling assassins. Rossi is just a bit better actor than the others.

That was great, thanks for the link Selden. I don't think Kimi or even Max would want to get mixed up with that bunch. :grin:

Well . . . That's a might bit embarrassing. :ohboy: I couldn't figure out what all the excitement was about. I mean sure, the Austrian(!) GP's first lap WAS exciting, but it was Zzzzz after that. I think there were so many references to the DUTCH fans that it warped my inner transom a bit more than usual.

I'd read the race recap to the DUTCH GP as a matter of habit and interest - and this BEFORE I made the dim-witted post. Yes, the race sounds incredibly competitive and engaging. Not that it's on our cable package this year. :mad:

Edited by Indy Dave

It use to be be on Fox 1 as part of basic cable here. Fox 1 dropped it and now for me it is on BEIN Sports. It cost me $5 a month. If you have cable check with them they can probably add it. After the season I disconnect BEIN and add it back at beginning of the season. BEIN is about 100 times better coverage, commentary, etc than when Fox 1 had it. Fox would cut away throughout the race with commercials. They didn't have any pre or post info. BEIN also has many other sports for that $5bucks but honestly not interested in those.

Edited by Skywagon
roadscholar
Personality-wise, they're all smiling assassins. Rossi is just a bit better actor than the others.

Good descriptor, a lot of fans don't think of it like that (or even realize it).

Bill_Walker

I just watched the race. Three words: OH. MY. GOD!!!!!

That was like a Moto3 race on steroids!

Yes, the race sounds incredibly competitive and engaging. Not that it's on our cable package this year. :mad:

Same problem here, which is why I haven't been following MotoGP for a couple of seasons. Do what I did, after getting a tip to this race: go to motogp.com, and when you sign up for an account, you get three days of access for free. Watch the race, then cancel your renewal.

• 3 weeks later...

Great racing in Moto. Used to be a big fan of F1 but now find the 2 wheeled races better than the 4. ( for the most part )

Lately have been finding incredible racing in the World Super bike category even Moto America is really competitive.

Love summer. So many choices !