IGNORED

South Georgia Lunch Ride

Bernie

After mounting a new set of tires and needing to scrub them in, I decided to see if a few others would like to meet for lunch.

I contacted Terry (terryofperry), Ashley and Bill (Highway41), and we decided to meet in Hahira, GA at the Church Street Cafe for lunch on 7/28/2018.

I met Ashley and Bill around 7:15 AM in Macclenny, FL at the Starbucks and we followed some nice back roads to Hahira, GA.

We where supposed to meet Terry around 11:30 am, but we where a little early, but Terry and Tim where already waiting inside the AC.

Terry had invited Tim from Ft. Rucker, AL and Ron from East-GA.

We had a nice lunch in great company and then after saying our goodbyes to the GA-boys, rode the long way back to Jax, FL.

Total ride for me was 454 miles and the new tires are doing fine.

Ashley arriving at the Starbucks in the morning.

M2NAAKb.jpg

Group sitting over on the table on the right side, waiting for their lunch.

GVoGenE.jpg

While the bikes had to stay outside in the heat, waiting for their riders.

RTPbpaj.jpg

After splitting of from the others, I decided to stop here to refill my CamelBak.

NTRZ1WI.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to get pictures of the food, but I think Terry has that covered.

If anyone is interested in a copy of the GPS file, send me a PM.

Awesome, Bernie! :clap: I hope you and the new RT have come to a happy place after a little rough start. :dontknow:

Pat

Yes, Pat we are starting to get along. I just needed to adapt to the newer systems and after 11,500 miles I am getting there. LOL

No photos of food but did take some video.

Bernie can find some truly nice roads:

Pig path

And a favorite curve north of White Springs. Learned later that Bernie was talking business on the phone at the time:

Nice curve

Did enjoy the day.

Thank you Bill for the videos (Ashley was between me and Bill) and thank you Terry for the very important food pictures.

Lone_RT_rider

Terry,

By the looks of that food, the gathering was more about the company? ;)

Edited by Lone_RT_rider
terryofperry
Terry,

By the looks of that food, the gather was more about the company? ;)

Yes sir, always is. ;) It was not on par with my visit in 2012, perhaps new owners.

Terry

Terry,

By the looks of that food, the gather was more about the company? ;)

Yes sir, always is. ;) It was not on par with my visit in 2012, perhaps new owners.

Terry

Oh well we have had much worse. The place was clean, the folks friendly and my salad was fresh.