IGNORED

Western Fires - Check your Route

The Carr Fire which is the one that got Redding is approaching Weaverville and has CA-299 closed. Construction on CA-36 has been altered to limit scheduled closures there, so it may be an alternate, but likely slow going.

The Mendocino Complex is wreaking havoc near Ukiah, but so far US-101 and US-1 are open.

Yosemite is evacuated and CalTrans says regarding CA-120 "FOR YOSEMITE NAT'L PARK ROAD INFORMATION CALL 209-372-0200"

Here in Oregon, they don't think the Klondike and Taylor Creek fires will cause closures on US-199, but we worry. Conditions were very smoky in the area today. There are also fires around Crater Lake. I can't keep track of all of them. Check roads before you go.

Edited by Twisties
Bill_Walker

There's also a nationwide version at InciWeb, but IIRC, the Cal Fire one in the previous post sometimes has more data about California fires.

I am an hour south of Yosemite.

All ingress to the park closed except 120 from the east,due to the Ferguson fire,even then you likely can't get very far heading west on 120.

Very smoky today here in Fresno,tough to be outside for any length of time,which was too bad as it was finally below 100 today.

Between the heat and the air quality,tough riding around here for the past couple weeks and the only escape is to head to the coast.Everywhere else has the same heat,air quality.

JR356

Here's a link to the California Statewide Fire Map. You can click on the fire icons for info on each fire. And get the whole thing to open in Google Maps with the link under the map for a larger map.

The Caltrans mobile app used to include the Calfire info making it easy to see what to avoid between fires, accidents and construction. For some reason the fire info is no longer included. I see a Calfire mobile app but it is by a third party and from the reviews looks like the fire info is not current and may include spam ads via text message once you sign up. No thanks.

Edited by BrianT
Bill_Walker
Here's a link to the California Statewide Fire Map. You can click on the fire icons for info on each fire. And get the whole thing to open in Google Maps with the link under the map for a larger map.

The Caltrans mobile app used to include the Calfire info making it easy to see what to avoid between fires, accidents and construction. For some reason the fire info is no longer included. I see a Calfire mobile app but it is by a third party and from the reviews looks like the fire info is not current and may include spam ads via text message once you sign up. No thanks.

The "Open larger map" link on the above Calfire page will open the map in the Google Maps app on your device. But that only shows you the locations and doesn't let you get any info on the fire (like acreage and containment percentage).

I just opened the CalTrans "QuickMap" app. There's an exclamation point icon in the lower right of the map, and when I click it, it shows a "Travel Alert" page, the first item on which says "To view general locations of major fires burning in California, go to CAL FIRE'S Incidents Map." with the last words being a link to the same page I linked above. That being said, the CalTrans QuickMap does show road closures due to fires. But then, Google Maps also shows those if you turn on the Traffic layer.