IGNORED

Works Performance Shocks

Twisties

Well, we got them... and now it looks like we need to send them in for their rebuilds, only..... Apparently no more Works Performance?????

Anyone else do rebuilds on these?

Now called Worx Shocks.

The owner passed and the daughter reorganized.

818-701-1010

You can likely have Lindemann Engineering rebuild them as well. In Redlands, CA.

Edited by Tri750

I sold Works for over 10yr at the shop i worked at. we sold a lot of shocks .

numerous lowered set ups for the gravity challenged riders .

i have a set on my R1100RT i bought when i got it back in ‘05, still no leaks or issues . the rear preload knob did seize up on me a few years ago. i think i did the old remove and empty and refill with hyd fluid to bring back to life .

maybe in cali stuff lasts longer , no salt, less potholes , no real humidity but over the years we had extremely few failures on shocks purchased new .

i think 2 sets over time on K1200LT's.

01-08 lots of overloading on those big boys .

Those darn ESA shocks never gained my trust no matter what brand . who knows , maybe that's an issue .

Edited by Tri750
I sold Works for over 10yr at the shop i worked at. we sold a lot of shocks .

Those darn ESA shocks never gained my trust no matter what brand . who knows , maybe that's an issue .

Perhaps this was the issue (Works ESA Mod). I seem to remember way back when that Ohlins started and then revised their ESA Mod. Maybe Wilber's did too. For some reason I'm (mis?)remembering that at the time I bought, Works was the only company doing a ESA Modification (eg: not a conversion to a non-ESA). When I sent my Works shocks to the Wilber's dude, he'd remarked that the first shock he worked on blew oil all over his shop when he removed the top(?) section? I know nothing of this, but his comment was that he'd never imagine someone would design the shock that way. Apparently The Works set up was different than the Wilber's solution. :S

Edited by Indy Dave

Ours predate anyone doing an aftermarket ESA version. They are both non-ESA. My bike was ESA equipped, and Sharon's is not. But I would never install an ESA shock because I never ride two-up and don't need that kind of adjustment. Too many potential problems with ESA to be worth it.

Worx Shocks will rebuild them for an estimated/nominal $100 front and $200 rear. If they need new shafts, they don't have them and won't have them any time soon. Turn around time is too long to guarantee return in time for Torrey, and Tim suggested waiting into fall, after peak season. Eventually they hope to get all parts back into production, but aren't there yet. He would not be able to make any changes to the specs. In my case I was going to ask for the next level up in spring and damping.... so boo.

Ted Porter's (Jeff Favorite) recommended TFX for $1498 a bike. Asked about Wilbers and Jeff does not like them for RT. Says they are harsh. But he recommends them on GT/LT and other heavier bikes.

Worx Shocks will rebuild them for an estimated/nominal $100 front and $200 rear. If they need new shafts, they don't have them and won't have them any time soon. Turn around time is too long to guarantee return in time for Torrey, and Tim suggested waiting into fall, after peak season. Eventually they hope to get all parts back into production, but aren't there yet. He would not be able to make any changes to the specs. In my case I was going to ask for the next level up in spring and damping.... so boo.

Ted Porter's (Jeff Favorite) recommended TFX for $1498 a bike. Asked about Wilbers and Jeff does not like them for RT. Says they are harsh. But he recommends them on GT/LT and other heavier bikes.

This is everyone's peak season in the motorsports industry. It will fade a bit, then pick up as the late fall sets in with the quad and dirt bike folks wake up for Thanksgiving week.

Did you try Lindemann ?

They won't be 1-200.00 but will likely have parts.

Lone_RT_rider
Asked about Wilbers and Jeff does not like them for RT. Says they are harsh. But he recommends them on GT/LT and other heavier bikes.

Jan, I have well over a 100K on Wilbers on both the R11RT and the R12RT. I would never consider the Wilbers a harsh ride. If anything, here in pothole heaven (Milwaukee area) they are amazingly smooth. It's especially prevelant when I switch from the HD to the R12RT. I will say that the ESA with the Wilburs is a great combination. If your riding on a highway (at around 75 mph) that has frost upheaval, one click to the comfort setting and you never feel another thing. I have 40K miles on the ESA equipped shocks. Once you attach the ESA components to the Wilburs, it really is the best of both worlds. For reference, 99% of my riding is done solo.

Just my $0.02....

Shawn

Wilbers on my GS.......They are great. Also will not be damaged if you are a little late on the rebuild schedule, unlike many other brands of aftermarket shocks..