IGNORED

New Rider @ UnRally

CanAm Girl

Hi Everyone! I'm the other half of chrisolson (glue) on the board. After all these years I finally set up my own account. 😊 It was great seeing everyone at the 2018 Un.

I know Chris shared some of our UnRally adventures and I'm sure many of you are thinking that I will never want to go again lol. Actually, I had a blast. I've been to some events over the years, Torrey, Death Valley and Gunnison. I drove to a couple because I learned that I HATE to double up. It's not a control thing, it's a boredom thing.

This brings me to the CanAm. I've had a Yamaha VStar Classic and a FatBoy. The Yamaha I rode some, but hated the clutch on it, the FatBoy, I think I might have put 10 miles on it (it was huge and heavy). In my defense, I'm SHORT. I needed something that I could get enough seat time to be comfortable tiptoeing when riding and there doesn't seem to be anything with 2 wheels that work.

Right away I was comfortable on the Spider. The Spider is perfect for me. It handled well. I had no issues going fast (90ish was as fast as I went, but it was not scary or squirrely). I had no issues going through the mountain turns, I find that I have to lean more into the turns than I did on two wheels, but was comfortable at 70-75 on the sweepers. Oh, and the Frunk! it's a godsend!

We've done a couple of short day trips but nothing like this one. But I really wanted to do this trip and I loved all of it. We experienced Heat (AZ), rain, fog, hail (CO, WY, SD) a ton of beautiful scenery and great roads and a crazy waitress who dropped my credit card through the boards on the boardwalk.

I am looking forward to the weather cooling down and our next adventure.

Great to read and I appreciate your candor!

So how many pairs of shoes can you pack away in the trunk without Chris knowing? (you really don't have to answer :/ )

Also, great to see ya on this forum, Welcome!!

:wave:

Edited by LBump

Frunks are awesome! Which is what I called it on the RT, until I learned it was really named an "Oddments Tray." Which is really a great name for something too, I think.

Francois_Dumas

Hi Chris's Better Half.... and welcome to the board.

I have absolutely no idea what a Frunk is but I am glad you like riding your Spider !

Francois_Dumas

I have absolutely no idea what a Frunk is

Front Trunk = Frunk ;)

Pat

Of course...…. :grin:

I met Mr. & Mrs. going in the opposite direction as me in a curve on a little county road at the UN.

Let me tell you the girl was cookin it. :thumbsup::wave:

Edited by mrzoom

I have absolutely no idea what a Frunk is

Front Trunk = Frunk ;)

Pat

Of course...…. :grin:

Of course, now, he's in a frunk funk.

:wave:

Unfortunately no room at the inn ... or any inn for that matter.

Torrey's getting to be so popular that pretty soon, nobody will go there any more (apologies to Berra).

I just talked with Michelle and she told me there were several rooms blocked for us not claimed. We have a couple more days to get them.

I just talked with Michelle and she told me there were several rooms blocked for us not claimed. We have a couple more days to get them.

We just booked and there were several rooms left. Tell them BMWST.

All right, all right .... IN :smile:

Edited by chrisolson