IGNORED

New to me 1200rt

jelake

Alcon,

Will be picking up an 08 1200rt tomorrow, was a steal with only 27K miles and the dealership was asking 4500 (4800 w/fees)- irony was it didn't meet the minimum threshold for the bank for the loan- had to be 5K, so ended up with an extended warranty to push it over that amount.

Gave it a good once over yesterday when I was at the dealership and about the only thing I could see that was immediately visible was that it still had the original ESA shocks which at 10 years old I imagine probably need to be serviced or replaced. My question is there anything else I should be looking out for or expected issues with these bikes, obviously not al bikes will express the same issues as some are pristine for their life and others nothing but trouble?

Also, if anyone knows of anybody that needs parts for an 1150rt, will be parting out mine (the 1200 is replacing it), had taken it to the dealership to try to get a high pressure oil leak fixed after many other issues and the dealer found a crack in the left side Engine case I hadn't found at that point. For those who are also on the oil head threads, you might remember my affectionate nickname of Pandora for it. Most of the parts to include tranny and final drive are still in excellent condition, send PMs if interested.