IGNORED

Shinko Verge?

Twisties

they don't have the 016-2x in a 170/60-17 so i wasn't going with just a front. turns out michelin has done the same with the road 5, not available in a 170/60 to fit my r1100s.

i am running a shinko 712 on the norton. seems fine so far.

Another useless reference point...

Shinko 705 is the only tire I ever took off and replaced with something else just because I did not like the tire at all.

I gave them a try on my old GS 1200, hated them for ~500 miles and decided it's not worth it and tossed them in the trash.

I know they do, and based on those reviews (also on ADVrider) I bought a set for the GS.

For me, they were waste of money. I literally put them in the trash after few hundred miles.

I wonder if people rate them more for "good value" than objectively a good tire.

The "value" might be there, but for price difference between the 705 and tires I know I like, I couldn't justify keeping the 705s.

I know they do, and based on those reviews (also on ADVrider) I bought a set for the GS.

For me, they were waste of money. I literally put them in the trash after few hundred miles.

I wonder if people rate them more for "good value" than objectively a good tire.

The "value" might be there, but for price difference between the 705 and tires I know I like, I couldn't justify keeping the 705s.

Many people just don't know the difference.

What didn't you like about them?

Unstable and nervous feeling, even when traction was not an issue. Bike felt especially squirmy under braking.

It was distracting and took some of the fun out of riding.

Unstable and nervous feeling, even when traction was not an issue. Bike felt especially squirmy under braking.

It was distracting and took some of the fun out of riding.

Fair enough. I've had a couple sets of 705s and have not experienced this.

It is a common complaint for Shinko 705 first time users to complain about feeling nervous/squirmy. They are very deep tread tires. After 500 miles most find them to be the very good all around tire you see posts about. Whatever it is, they seem to settle down once a bit of treadwear or heat cycling takes place.

• 5 weeks later...

She kept up with me. :-)

She says she likes them fairly well. Overall she says she was impressed. Not as smooth as a road tire.