IGNORED

Rear brake pads

Nobrakes

Changing out OEM rear brake pads with EBC pads in 2017 R1200RT. So I go to change out my rear brake pads. I got the old ones off, no problem.. opened my new EBC pkg and discovered there were 2 identical pads shipped to me as a set. EBC mistakenly packaged them. Beemer boneyard is sending me a new set. My question is; do I transfer the soft padded material on back of the OEM pads to the back of EBC pads or is that just a Brembo OEM thing.?

Changing out OEM rear brake pads with EBC pads in 2017 R1200RT. So I go to change out my rear brake pads. I got the old ones off, no problem.. opened my new EBC pkg and discovered there were 2 identical pads shipped to me as a set. EBC mistakenly packaged them. Beemer boneyard is sending me a new set. My question is; do I transfer the soft padded material on back of the OEM pads to the back of EBC pads or is that just a Brembo OEM thing.?

Afternoon Nobrakes

THAT, is a darn good question-- A while back I E-Mailed EBC about that very question & here is what they sent me back---- "Pads must be installed with friction material against disc rotor and metal backing plate towards piston"

Da, I guess I should thank them as I probably wouldn't have figured that out without their help!!!

As a rule (not cast in stone though) if the pad backing anti-squeal is listed as a separate item in the OEM parts book then transfer it over to the new pads (unless the new pads come with instructions to not do that). If the anti-squeal backing is not listed separately then it usually stays with the old removed pads.