IGNORED

Garmin Zumo 590 on 2014 R1200RT?

DirkL

Hello folks

New owner of really clean used 2014 RT, without GPS but set up for it. Does anyone know if the Garmin Zumo 590 will fit in the housing that holds the Nav 5(?) unit from BMW?

Thanks for any help out there

Great bike by the way-but you all know that!

Dirk

I wonder if a Navigator VI (latest?) would work in my '14? Currently have the Navigator IV.

Michael

Nav VI is indeed the latest version, and I'm pretty sure it fits any bike that accepted the Nav V. You'll want to confirm that.

Some will disagree with me but even if the Nav VI had no extra features it would have been worth it just for the ease of seeing the screen in direct sunlight alone. The Nav V stunk in my opinion. My Zumo 550 was better

I do disagree with you reg26

I have got the Nav V on my 2014 RT and there are just few occasions where I can't see the display enough to make out what it is showing.

And it doesn't get any sunnier then here in Australia.

The unit works really well, so I am not sure what stinks on it. You might want to elaborate regarding what is its failings.

These units are very expensive over here, so to upgrade it would require some groundbreaking new abilities to justify the cost.

Edited by Alfred02

I had a Nav V, and then replaced it with the Nav VI. I did not find a significant difference in the display clarity etc.

The Nav V functions were very good. I just could not see it well enough in the sun. I bought the Wunderlich sun shield and it helped. My friend has the Nav VI and I borrowed it and TO ME the difference was worth the upgrade. I no longer need the Wunderlich shield and am very happy.

By the way. I have the wunderlich shield for sale. $40.00 delivered in cont US. It's in brand new condition and still have box and install instructions