IGNORED

RT alarm issue

Twinstacks

Good Evening guys.

I have an RTse 1200 and it has an alarm on it but can't seem to get it working. I have put a new battery in the fob and that works now but the DMA seems dead as I can't access the control unit and the other control units say no signal from DMA. I have removed the plug going into the unit under seat and it is getting a good power supply but have not tested the earth return. Is there more than one power supply going into this unit? I can't find the fuse box. Anybody had any dealings with this unit?

Many Thanks.

Good Evening guys.

I have an RTse 1200 and it has an alarm on it but can't seem to get it working. I have put a new battery in the fob and that works now but the DMA seems dead as I can't access the control unit and the other control units say no signal from DMA. I have removed the plug going into the unit under seat and it is getting a good power supply but have not tested the earth return. Is there more than one power supply going into this unit? I can't find the fuse box. Anybody had any dealings with this unit?

Many Thanks.

Afternoon Twinstacks

First off, what year 1200RT are you working with?

There is no fuse box as there are no fuses. The 1200RT uses electronic circuit control instead of fuses.

The only B+ that I show going to the DMA module is battery 12v (red wire) but it also has a stand alone circuit going to the dash module & ZFE (central chassis electronics) module.

Is the alarm system a factory or BMW system or an aftermarket add-on type?

Depending on what you have in that bike there is probably a battery inside the DMA module (so it can still disable even if the battery cable is cut)

If a factory system then does your bike also have the RDA (TPMS) system? If so, then is that working OK?

The factory alarm system is on the CAN (CanBus) so that needs to be able to transfer data to & from the DMA system.

Hi dirtrider

That's answers the question about the fuses. The bike is a 2006 model. The red wire is indeed showing a 12v supply to the DMA module but I have not tested any earth returns. Both the ZFE and dash modules show a missing signal from DMA. I think it may have had the tpms as there is 2 spare plugs right beside the DMA module but no module. I thought all se models had the tpms on them. The alarm is a factory fitted unit as it's incorperated into the standard wiring loom under rear seat. Would the batteries inside the unit stop it from working correctly if they were dead ?

Hi dirtrider

That's answers the question about the fuses. The bike is a 2006 model. The red wire is indeed showing a 12v supply to the DMA module but I have not tested any earth returns. Both the ZFE and dash modules show a missing signal from DMA. I think it may have had the tpms as there is 2 spare plugs right beside the DMA module but no module. I thought all se models had the tpms on them. The alarm is a factory fitted unit as it's incorperated into the standard wiring loom under rear seat. Would the batteries inside the unit stop it from working correctly if they were dead ?

Evening Twinstacks

Yes, dead batteries could cause a problem.

See picture below on battery replacement.

Did your bike come with the little DWA alarm manual on activating and programming the alarm???

TCllBc2.jpg

Cheers dirtrider. It's an old bike mate and bought it as a project so didn't get any paperwork with it at all. I will remove the alarm and replace the batteries but I thought the batteries were purely for back up. The bike stood for a long time with the main battery disconnected so I assume the batteries in DMA will be completely dead. Is there a procedure to recommission these alarms after the main battery has been reconnected ? Does the DMA lose the connection with the key fob to activate it? Thanks mate

Cheers dirtrider. It's an old bike mate and bought it as a project so didn't get any paperwork with it at all. I will remove the alarm and replace the batteries but I thought the batteries were purely for back up. The bike stood for a long time with the main battery disconnected so I assume the batteries in DMA will be completely dead. Is there a procedure to recommission these alarms after the main battery has been reconnected ? Does the DMA lose the connection with the key fob to activate it? Thanks mate

Morning Twinstacks

You sound like you might be from another country so if you are then you might need the DWA manual for that country as different places have different anti-theft requirements.

See if either of these manuals will help you--

http://mon.garage.free.fr/bmw1150gsa2004/Notice_alarme_BMW_R_1150_GS.pdf

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/368613/Bmw-Dwa-6.html?page=15#manual