IGNORED

Sirius XM stuck on "Preview Channel"

BeemerBerg

The Satellite Radio on My 2016 RT worked fine during the first years' "free trial" period. As usual, XM automatically renewed my subscription. But I haven't been able to get a signal for months now. The screen shows a strong (2 bar) signal. But it is stuck on the "Preview Station".

After four calls to Calcutta, Mumbai and New Delhi, still no joy. Whew, trying to discontinue service and get a refund from them is like getting into Ft Knox, but takes more time. World's worst customer service.

Will be using IPhone's Spotify app, blue toothed via my Sena/Motocello to keep me entertained on the long lonely stretches.

Anyone else have to endure "Serious Hell"?

Interesting.

I've had good luck with Serius/XM for several years on multiple vehicles and 5 different devices, including the 2018 RT.

Even their automated tools seem OK.

Stuck on the Preview channel means the radio needs needs to be "Refreshed"

Get outside with a clear view of the sky:

https://www.siriusxm.com/

Click Help & Support

Click Refresh My Radio

Yup. Refreshed. Refreshed. And refreshed again. Turned bike off. Turned bike on. “Are you outside?” “Yup. My bike too”. “Any obstructions?” “Just the language barriers” I even offered to ride it to Mumbai for them to look at it. When I then asked for a complete refund, they offered to upgrade my subscription to “their full Access package”. 😳

Isn't outsourcing wonderful?

I think John is correct you need to refresh the radio as he describes, be sure the bike is on and sourced to XM with a clear view of the sky during the process.

Jay

There you go.

Some people like coffee, others tea, and others just want a Coke or a Pepsi in the morning.

Go with whatever floats your boat.

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

I hate dealing with them, at each renewal its a fight, they don't bill what was previously agreed to at renewal time. I've been please with the service, no problems but renewals make me think it may not be worth it. Currently I have 3 licensees I've been an XM subscriber since they started, back then I did 3 year deals, I'm tired of the negotiations.

Jay

We have been using Sirius XM for about 10+ years in our vehicles. It's not perfect, but none of the options are. I renewed it on the RT when the free trial ran out. It's just so handy to flip through the presets with the wonder wheel. One thing it does that really ticks me off is that when it does its periodic channel updates, it sometimes knocks out my presets. Then it's get out the book and figure out how to reset the presets because this old geezer can't remember. Another annoying thing it does sometimes in my Audi Q7 is that it will flip to the "Preview" channel for no reason.