BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1017479 - 08/20/18 05:36 PM Re: The Clean Living Hoosiers™ Ride Again. The 3rd Annual Trip Of A Lifetime [Re: Indy Dave]  
Indy Dave Offline
Indy Dave  Offline

Indianapolis
Pleasure leaves a fingerprint
As surely as mortal pain
In memories they resonate
And echo back again

Scars (Rush)

At dinner in San Luis Obispo, I mentioned we were all catching up and sharing stories and memories. Some of the stories were of past trips we'd all been on, others may have involved just one or two of the group, but the one thing they had in common is that they all led to belly laughs because we all knew the personalities of the people in the story and we could imagine and see the stories unfolding in our minds as they were being told, visualizing facial expressions and vocal tones as the story was shared.

It may be hard to recreate the hilarity of the stories shared due to the lack of shared chemistry here, but I'll share one story in hopes that it will convey the jovial spirit that's the hallmark of these trips. There was a camping trip that 2 of the Clean Living Hoosiers were on. Both had set up their tents in spots of their own choosing and a decent distance from each other. Once folks had retired for the night and settled in, just as Big Ern was about to doze off, he heard a light but distinct 'thud' on his tent fly. Then, just as he's about to doze off a second time, another thud on his tent. Hmm. Next thing he knows, yet another thud and another! The gears start to turn in his mind and he determines that Jerry is throwing acorns at his tent in intervals designed to make it seem random!! As the thuds continue, the anger starts to build, but he knows he can't let on that the acorns are bothering him, let alone keeping him awake! So he suffers in silence.

The next morning, Big Ern gathers some acorns when he gets up and starts throwing them at Jerry, who is still waking up and making coffee. Jerry asks what Big Ern is doing, and Ernie says 'Don't play dumb, I know what you were doing last night!' Jerry has no idea what Ernie is talking about and says so - as Ernie continues to pelt him with acorns. Once Ernie angrily explains that he KNOWS Jerry was strategically throwing acorns at his tent so he couldn't sleep, Jerry tells him he had gone straight to sleep last night. Jerry then looks at where Ernie had set up his tent, and sure enough, it was right under a large acorn tree!! As Jerry told this story, we could all visualize the interaction and it led to quite a bout of laughter. And this is what make these trips so wonderful, the trips are not about the riding, the riding is just a means to get together.

So having set the atmosphere and attitude that generally prevails on CLH trips, the next morning, GSJoe was in full-on what I've named "Buddy GSJoe" mode. And the first time I witnessed this, I could not stop laughing in my helmet! And for just about every other time I saw it as well. At first, the action figure like movement reminded me of 'Guy Smiley' from Sesame Street:

[Linked Image]

But that didn't quite seem to perfectly fit, it seemed maybe Guy Smiley mixed with the the Buddy Jesus from the movie Dogma conveyed the spirit and perceived facial expression lurking inside the helmet of GSJoe:

[Linked Image]

And while the photo does not due justice to the complete action, I present The Buddy GSJoe Welcome Wave:

[Linked Image]

And it's guaranteed to make the most hardened rider wave back! To see the move in action is hilarious and one knows the rider who see's The Buddy GSJoe Wave is wondering "WTF is that and why is this dude so enthusiastic?!? I better wave back!" And so it also came to pass that at one point, the entire CLH crew were doing the GSJoe Buddy Wave in series, like dominoes falling.

It doesn't take much to amuse ourselves. And we hope we made some others laugh along the way.

Last edited by Indy Dave; 08/20/18 07:45 PM.

Workin' Them Angels . . .overtime
06 R12RT

Bumbling BackRoad Riders™

The point of the journey is not to arrive...

#1017491 - 08/20/18 07:37 PM Re: The Clean Living Hoosiers™ Ride Again. The 3rd Annual Trip Of A Lifetime [Re: Indy Dave]  
Bernie Offline
Bernie  Offline

Jax, FL
Nice trip report, very enjoyable.

Bernie
Jax, FL
2018 R1200RT, Alpinweiss, starting out fresh.
2007 R1200RT, Double Silver 188,700 Smiles, SOLD
2000 R1100RT, Opal 104,000 Smiles, SOLD
BMW-MOA, BMW-RA,
AMA, BMW-NEF,
#1018648 - 09/07/18 04:15 PM Re: The Clean Living Hoosiers™ Ride Again. The 3rd Annual Trip Of A Lifetime [Re: Indy Dave]  
Indy Dave Offline
Indy Dave  Offline

Indianapolis
I apologize for getting this trip started and then hitting a roadblock and stopping forward progress. We have heavy rain forecast for this weekend, and if that comes to pass, I'll get back on the road and get this thing moving! burnout bike

During the meanwhile . . . . It is my pleasure and honor ohboy to present The WORLD PREMIERE of . . . The GS Joe Buddy Wave

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Indy Dave; 09/07/18 04:15 PM.

06 R12RT

#1018687 - 09/08/18 01:27 AM Re: The Clean Living Hoosiers™ Ride Again. The 3rd Annual Trip Of A Lifetime [Re: Indy Dave]  
Bernie Offline
Bernie  Offline

Jax, FL
Originally Posted by Indy Dave

During the meanwhile . . . . It is my pleasure and honor ohboy to present The WORLD PREMIERE of . . . The GS Joe Buddy Wave

[Linked Image</div><div class=" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

I thought he is pointing out the apex point of the drive way.

Bernie
Jax, FL
2018 R1200RT, Alpinweiss, starting out fresh.
2007 R1200RT, Double Silver 188,700 Smiles, SOLD
2000 R1100RT, Opal 104,000 Smiles, SOLD
BMW-MOA, BMW-RA,
AMA, BMW-NEF,
#1018694 - 09/08/18 12:39 PM Re: The Clean Living Hoosiers™ Ride Again. The 3rd Annual Trip Of A Lifetime [Re: Bernie]  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
Originally Posted by Bernie

It appears to me that he wants to steal my boots. I would swerve and accelerate away from such an apparition.

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
'18 RT
#1018697 - 09/08/18 02:09 PM Re: The Clean Living Hoosiers™ Ride Again. The 3rd Annual Trip Of A Lifetime [Re: Bernie]  
lkraus Offline
lkraus  Offline

Central Ohio
Originally Posted by Bernie

Only a Floridian could consider that an apex...

[Linked Image]

Larry
2006 R1200RT
#1019125 - 09/15/18 09:58 PM Re: The Clean Living Hoosiers™ Ride Again. The 3rd Annual Trip Of A Lifetime [Re: Indy Dave]  
Endobobdds Offline
Endobobdds  Offline

Washington, DC
Dave,

I have been following and enjoying this "Ride Tale" thread. I just noted the "Trade Mark" sign over the groups name and must ask is that for real?

Last edited by Endobobdds; 09/15/18 09:59 PM.

Bob Smyth
R1200GSA ('18 Triple Black)
K1200RS ('04 Blue/White)
K1200RS ('02 Black - retired☹️)
email: endobobdds@gmail.com
#1019143 - 09/16/18 03:49 AM Re: The Clean Living Hoosiers™ Ride Again. The 3rd Annual Trip Of A Lifetime [Re: Indy Dave]  
Indy Dave Offline
Indy Dave  Offline

Indianapolis
Bob!? I can't believe you'd even ask the question! I mean, would you question the appropriateness of Clean Living in regards to any reference to me, let alone the other characters I was with! whistle dontknow

06 R12RT

#1019170 - 09/16/18 05:10 PM Re: The Clean Living Hoosiers™ Ride Again. The 3rd Annual Trip Of A Lifetime [Re: Indy Dave]  
Bud Offline
95% of an RT
Bud  Offline
95% of an RT

Southern Illinois
Bob,

Perhaps Dave is counting the times he has dropped his bike into a mud hole and considered that a bath so his is then "Clean Living". dontknow

Last edited by Bud; 09/16/18 05:11 PM.

95% of an RT.

I haven't had too many Beemers, I just don't have enough time.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4