IGNORED

Made the switch

BrianM

Ordered some Bumot cases today. Seem to be a better deal than the BMW cases.

For now I will be using my current Givi trunk. Has worked great for the past 21 years.

Bought a GSA, lowered, can almost flat foot it. So far I like it better than my 2011 RT.

Brian you will love it! Bought my low suspension GSA 2 months ago and after 8,500 miles and a recent 3 day off road riding course I am loving the bike and it's capabilities! :thumbsup:

Interestingly, I can not open either of the photo links in the above posts. :(

Edited by Endobobdds

So far I really like it.

Feels smaller and less top heavy than the camhead RT. Really, to me, feels like a bigger motard bike. Having less fairing gives me the impression of a smaller bike.

Bet it would be fun with a 17" front wheel. Might have to invest in a set of RT wheels.

Enjoy!

Funny how it works for different riders.

I can flatfoot it, when it is on centerstand, and it fits me too.

Why it is #1 in the line up.

With any luck, I will have a 2014 F700GS low suspension in about 8 days... I'm looking forward to losing ~160 pounds.

5b89af3e9981c94325623be3.jpg

3,850 miles. Not sure if I will ride the F700 or the R100RT to Dillard. Probably the RT in case someone wants to buy it for cheap.

With any luck, I will have a 2014 F700GS low suspension in about 8 days... I'm looking forward to losing ~160 pounds.

5b89af3e9981c94325623be3.jpg

3,850 miles. Not sure if I will ride the F700 or the R100RT to Dillard. Probably the RT in case someone wants to buy it for cheap.

I like it! Dirt, gravel, water crossings here we come! :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats.

I've wondered if this would be a good choice instead of the RT as well. I am spending lots more time north of HWY 8 around the national forests and fire roads these days.

Enjoy!

Funny how it works for different riders.

I can flatfoot it, when it is on centerstand, and it fits me too.

Why it is #1 in the line up.

#1 model is a global reality. Paved roads to everywhere is not so common. A coworker who lives in Mexico City likes the RT, but it is not very practical once out in the country where his GS handles the unimproved roads like a champ.

• 2 weeks later...

Coldest day so far, 8C (46F for the metric challenged), really didn't feel any different than my RT.

Still waiting for Bumots, supposed to be shipping soon.

Edited by BrianM

Paul,

You're correct about roads.

I'd still wager that more than 1/2 (probably 90%) of all GS bikes sold

don't see much more "off road" than I did on my GT (which was a bit here and there).

Those that do make up for a lot of Starbuxbikes.

;)

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't notice a lot of difference between the RT and GSA in the wind protection department. GSA has a huge fairing, it's filled with gas (oddly it keeps emptying out :) ). Yes it's cooler in winter but I live in the mid-Atlantic and it's only cold 3 months of the year and the ice largely keeps me off the road anyway (so I head south!). But it's hot the other 9 months and the extra breeze when I'm on the GSA is good. I belong to the pavement GSA group. I travel solo, I'm old enough to break easy and heal slow, and neither have nor want to acquire the skills to take 900 lb of bike+me+gear offroad.

Edited by WBinDE