IGNORED

R1100rt tank vent hoses replacement

phillip914

I had to rebuild my fuel pump/filter assembly due to the wiring had lost insulation. I need to replace the vent lines as well. These are beginning to crack at the bends. Beemer boneyard doesn't sell a replacement so any suggestions?

Thanks

Phil

I had to rebuild my fuel pump/filter assembly due to the wiring had lost insulation. I need to replace the vent lines as well. These are beginning to crack at the bends. Beemer boneyard doesn't sell a replacement so any suggestions?

Thanks

Phil

Evening Phil

Those in-tank lines are difficult to source from other than BMW. They need to be fuel submersible so most hose that small, even sourced from another source, & that is fuel submersible, are almost as expensive.

Tygon makes fuel proof single layer hose that will fit but I have tried it & after a while it gets very hard so the clamping integrity becomes iffy so I didn't feel it was a long term safe alternative.

If a suitable cheaper (safe) submersible replacement hose was available then Beemer Boneyard would probably carry it.

Does anyone have the BMW part number or know where to find it?

Evening Phil

BMW part number is-- 13532325737, (per 1 meter) - 5mm id X10mm od $48.58

Unfortunately a meter isn't quite enough for 2 hoses so you will need 2 meters (yep, expensive)