IGNORED

Making the switch to a GS

Bud

The pull has become too great to resist.

2011 GS with a Claude Stanley (Freedom Sidecars) hack. Steering mod, sway bar, car battery conversion, ohlins, sargent seat, Clearwater Kristas, Jessie cases, rear tire conversion, all OEM parts that were removed and a bunch of other stuff.

153799557351.jpg

So the scoot and the R 1150 R (RT Lite) will soon be listed.

Nancy has given her blessing for me to go on a weeks long trip to the PNW and perhaps the Icefield Parkway.

I am going to be Healthy in 2019!!!!!

Edited by Bud

Bud - Looks like a very nicely done rig! Let me know when you are going to pick up the new bike. There are a few of us BMWST guys in the DC area that I'm sure would like to see you and perhaps have a lunch or dinner with you before you head home.

Variety is the spice of life. Except when it comes to wives. :rofl:

Plus, how can America Be Great Again if someone is not stimulating the economy???? It's my patriotic duty. Hope the rest of you sackers can help, it's too big a load to carry alone. :wave:

Hmmm............. Guess I should have done a fly and ride, I could Uber all the way back home! Thanks for the tip. :clap:

Trailer hitched up, headed E in the morning.

Sorry Bud, somebody has to do it. So, you say you're

? :grin: Life's an adventure, go get it! :thumbsup:

Pat

Where?

You do know were getting hit with a hurricane in 48 hours, effects thru the E and SE for several days to come.

Yes, I know. But I will be in the van with the rig on the trailer behind.

Besides, those hurricane forecasts are often wrong. :grin:

Where? Just south of DC a few miles.

Thanks.

Got some help with my hurricane window covers.

80% done with outside stuff.

Gas in vehicle, and containers.

Probably need more beer...

My first impression was negative. The bike had rust all over it, many of the clamp bolts that held the subframe together were rusting, the sidecar had rust and the subframe had bubbling paint.

I did want to take it for a ride to see how it handled as it had a steering modification that my prior hack did not have. Bike started right up, ran smoothly, the tranny shifted w/o clunks, the steering was very light.

Came back and parked the rig. He looked at my face and asked what was wrong. I told him I wasn't buying the rig as I would be disappointed every time I rode. He asked why and I told him it was because of the condition. Turns out it has sat outside it's entire life. 2011 model. It was his only mode of transportation for many years. It was ridden year around and showed evidence of salt damage. All of the handle bar switches were damaged by UV and the symbols were no longer visible.

After we left he said he was going to relist the rig with a better description of the condition of the bike along with close up pictures. I wished him good luck with the sale.

Live and learn.

Edited by Bud

Know the feeling and fully understand the "disappointed comment". I looked at a used 2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1200 a few years ago in the color I really loved, silver/grey. Description was "excellent shape" but after driving two.five hours to see it, I found a gouge on front fairing from a tip over and a dent in the tank from a tool falling on it while parked in his shed.

Anyway, I bought it and sold it a year later. I got tired of looking at that tank dent everyday. :grin:

Good move. :thumbsup:

Pat

Bud,

Just getting back on line and saw this, sorry, but glad you hadn't shipped it.

Next time ask if anyone is "near" for an eyeball.

We'd all be happy to help.

Best wishes.

• 1 month later...