IGNORED

Sidecase mechanism lube?

poodad

@Macx's thread about side case mechanism problems got me to thinking that perhaps regular lubrication is needed for the case mechanism. What's everyone's preferred regiment for lubing the mechanism? Just shoot silicone lube in all the openings?

Dry lube. Doesn't get on garments, gum up, or collect grit. Spray it on and wipe off excess. The key cylinders need lube the most. Took mine apart couple of weeks back and it was awfulness. They naturally collect gunk like a P trap, have oodles of tiny moving parts with very close tollerances, and get used often. A good cleaning and some dry lube made a huge difference for my old 'bag locks. Easy to remove the cyls when you get the hang of it.

Lock cyl pics

Sorry, can't figure out how to post pics from the pad.

VoZ25dg8Hhhvjwtj6?

Edited by Lowndes
@Macx's thread about side case mechanism problems got me to thinking that perhaps regular lubrication is needed for the case mechanism. What's everyone's preferred regiment for lubing the mechanism? Just shoot silicone lube in all the openings?

If you have a 1200, all the hooks and latches in the lid edges need to be clean with q tips then lube with something like Triflow or even CLP firearm and fishing gear lube.

It's something that should be done at least once a year, every 6 mo even better due to the cost of replacement bags.

For the lock cylinders the CLP is good .

If you have an 1150, something that clings is good as the mechanism is much simpler and accessible .