IGNORED

Ex Police Wethead - Convert to passenger

Goran

Hello everyone! Very glad to see people enthusiasts about this wonderful bike.

Recently I have purchased R1200RT 2014 - Wethead in awesome condition on the auction with 46K km.

The bike was ex-police and generally in really good condition.

What I will like to do is replace radio station box with a passenger seat, passenger hand grips and all bit's and pieces to make it back to "normal"

The people at BMW almost gave me a heart attack when told me approximate price to do it so

giving the fact that I have spent last dime for this one, I will need to go part by part...

Does anyone have "instruction manual" how to do it??? Or any link?

Deeply appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Also, I am after male loom plug (two wires for horn), as I would like to install one.

Any suggestions, please forward!

Regards,

Goran

Edited by Goran

Goran, welcome!

You will find these parts are outrageous to buy new. Piece at a time or not. What you want to do is be in contact with some motorcycle salvage/breakers to be on the lookout for a wethead RT. That will be the cheapest way to get all the parts you need and at a price you can live with.

As for how to do it, I don't remember any step by step instructions for this model. But common sense should get you through it well enough.

Welcome to the forum Goran!

I just happened to spot a Wethead being parted out on eBay yesterday. I didn't pay attention to prices but noticed the seller had a ton of parts listed. Might be worth a look. Sorry, can't look up and provide a link from where I'm at but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Also, I am after male loom plug (two wires for horn), as I would like to install one.

You could use this plug. You'd use it to plug into a regular automotive relay. Then you can add your own wires off the relay with a fuse to the 2 horns. I'm assuming with 2 horns, you'll likely be over the wattage allowed by the system. Hence the relay.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-wiring-adapter-for-connecting-soundbomb-horn-to-oem-bmw-harness

Thanks guys...

Yea, I have figured out that I have to go slowly now and go part by part in order to make it in my budget limits.

If you come across any relative story, please share with me.

Cheers!

Hello again,

could someone do me a favor and just take the seats off the bike (2014-2015 year model) and take a photo of how it's set up underneath which can give me an indication

of what small fittings I would need to get in order to have a proper seating. I did have a conversation with local service people and they haven't done any conversion before

so they are not so helpful to be honest. I did search on the internet but nowhere pictures relating to it...

I would later take photos of step by step removing and fitting parts (when I get them all) which will be helpful for some other people I hope:)

My email is dojchin@gmail.com (for related images which I will later use to show the process).

Cheers!

Edited by Goran