IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

I'm going to get a little silly here and say it's probably not that ridiculously expensive if you think about it. Believe they had a very short production life (this particular version) and it has THREE MILES ON IT!! :clap: I like all of it! :thumbsup:

Pat

You got lucky, get the best, WarmNSafe.

https://www.warmnsafe.com/

Thanks for posting the warm & safe website. I ordered some stuff from Powerlet and really got screwed over. Still don't have the stuff or my money back. Just placed an order with warm & safe. Thanks again.

Agree, while I like my Gerbring's jacket, I had to send it back three different times for burns I received from hot spots in the wiring. Now I think the new stuff from Gerbring has the "hot spot" issue worked out, I will still try a different brand next time.

Pat

Thanks for posting the warm & safe website. I ordered some stuff from Powerlet and really got screwed over. Still don't have the stuff or my money back. Just placed an order with warm & safe. Thanks again.

Thor - sorry to hear that! There are at least two threads on this issue on ADV (just saw one in the “new posts” list a few minutes ago, so it's an active topic!). Conclusion seems to be that despite Powerlet being out of business their website is still up and taking orders/processing payments!

A few inmates have posted positive outcomes getting PayPal and credit card companies to refund the money - hopefully you can do the same. Let me know if you want a link to those new threads.

Be sure and get the ADV 20% discount.

Also, check out their new heated baselayer. Looks like a pullover so should fit snugger. Not sure if it warms any better or worse but looks to be a lot less bulky.

Thor - sorry to hear that! There are at least two threads on this issue on ADV (just saw one in the “new posts” list a few minutes ago, so it's an active topic!). Conclusion seems to be that despite Powerlet being out of business their website is still up and taking orders/processing payments!

A few inmates have posted positive outcomes getting PayPal and credit card companies to refund the money - hopefully you can do the same. Let me know if you want a link to those new threads.

Just checked out ADV. Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what PayPal can do. Surprised they haven't put a stop to payments to Powerlet. Thanks again, Thor

Hurry, won't last long at this price.

To everyone who says they always wanted one, time to pay up and buy!!!!

1989 Bumblebee

CLListing-15049-Photo1.jpg

This is in my own back yard. Hmmmmm.......

I always thought that if you owned a Rokon, you kindof had an obligation to home brew your own accessories (and pretty much anything goes!).

You say you want panniers?

Ammo cans? Sweet!.

Square plastic buckets? Only thing better is an ammo can!

Shopping baskets? Yeah, they're free and sized just right.

Ice chests? Hey, it's a two-fer!

Laundry baskets? Oh, you're going cross country?

Couple of old lawnmower grass bags? Pretty ghetto, but I get where you're going.

Cardboard boxes / duct tape? Lets do this tomorrow, when you're sober.

I always thought that if you owned a Rokon, you kindof had an obligation to home brew your own accessories (and pretty much anything goes!).

I think of the Rokon as the vehicle of choice in a post-apocalyptic world.

Ammo cans? Sweet!. No thanks, that's something Edd would use for panniers (think back to the green Kawasaki Versys he used to ride....)

Square plastic buckets? Only thing better is an ammo can! Same as above.

Shopping baskets? Yeah, they're free and sized just right. Naaaa, that's what cheap-a$$ KLR riders use and I don't EVER want to be associated with that crowd.

Ice chests? Hey, it's a two-fer! Nope, BUD has them on his bike.

Laundry baskets? Oh, you're going cross country? Same as above for the KLR and very popular in third world countries where they're called "BUD Specials!"

Couple of old lawnmower grass bags? Pretty ghetto, but I get where you're going. This makes me think about Fernando because, well, he's pretty thrifty!

Cardboard boxes / duct tape? Lets do this tomorrow, when you're sober. Another FB approach.

I think of the Rokon as the vehicle of choice in a post-apocalyptic world.

Ammo cans? Sweet!. No thanks, that's something Edd would use for panniers (think back to the green Kawasaki Versys he used to ride....)

Square plastic buckets? Only thing better is an ammo can! Same as above.

Shopping baskets? Yeah, they're free and sized just right. Naaaa, that's what cheap-a$$ KLR riders use and I don't EVER want to be associated with that crowd.

Ice chests? Hey, it's a two-fer! Nope, BUD has them on his bike.

Laundry baskets? Oh, you're going cross country? Same as above for the KLR and very popular in third world countries where they're called "BUD Specials!"

Couple of old lawnmower grass bags? Pretty ghetto, but I get where you're going. This makes me think about Fernando because, well, he's pretty thrifty!

Cardboard boxes / duct tape? Lets do this tomorrow, when you're sober. Another FB approach.

I did not use ammo cans. If you look closely at the picture you can see that I had mounted up an early Givi prototype.

India_Agra_Motorcycle_20141207_0001.jpg

Call one of the many JDM import shops that are all over now, or they guys that import all the Land Rovers - I think being 25+ years old is key, and maybe also not offered here - but I don't have any more details in my brain.

Not sure I'd want to buy a bike from someone who uses Armor All on the business side of their tires :dopeslap:...but then...there is that lovely seat. :ohboy:

01717_h6CmUFQ9cRT_50x50c.jpg

link

They stopped making them because Vance Hines couldn't figure out how to make them louder. As the ad says they had tillers for steering. First one I've seen with a wheel.

Edited by Skywagon

Someone please correct me on this. A riding buddy told me all water cooled R bikes have to have the engine removed and the engine split in half to replace the alternator.

Surely, (not Shirley) this can't be true.

Someone please correct me on this. A riding buddy told me all water cooled R bikes have to have the engine removed and the engine split in half to replace the alternator.

Surely, (not Shirley) this can't be true.

Yes. This is true and is the main reason I opted for used Camhead ('10-'13) rather than a used Wehead. Granted that the Camhead clutch is a pain to replace, they tend to give some notice that they are dying. Alternator/Stators are infested with electrical gremlins and could fail suddenly and without warning. Let's not even bring up how much the parts cost (something like $1,500 + labor if you can't do it yourself. An alternator failure on a Wehead RT is $2,500 job if out of warranty.

Edited by Pappy35
  • 2 weeks later...
That looks like a lawnmower style pull cord on the side of that diesel....

You did say ---unique---, now didn't you?

Mentions that in the ad. Reminded me of an oilhead engine someone posted here a while back -

I think it was being used as a water pump and featured a pull start.

• 2 weeks later...