IGNORED

Reflectors or reflective tape

BrianM

Just got a set of Bumot cases for my GSA.

Want to add reflectors to side and back of cases. Picked up reflectors at local store, they are junk.

Use reflectors or reflective tape? What brands are best?

I used combo of FB's black, shine white and retroreflective stickers on rear/side of saddlebags with a retroreflective tape strip.

Added SOLAS tape in rear topcase reflectors that increased the visibility even more.

Front multiple lights.

ATGATT with retroreflective vest/gloves and also on jackets/pants.

I have the Motoreflective on Globescout cases on my 14 GSA,recommended!

Several other options in the vendor section over on ADVRider.com

JR356

Another vote for SOLAS. That stuff is amazing. I bought a few rolls of tape to add reflective strips to my bags and my helmet. It doesn't look like much until I pull up to the open garage door in my car and the tape on the back of my bike lights up like a neon sign. It used to be stupid expensive, but you can buy whole roles of it off amazon now for pretty cheap.

I have MotoReflective black (shine white) "tape" on my OEM GSA cases (side cases and top case). After a recent recall campaign, the side cases also have red reflectors on the sides of the cases, as do the racks themselves.

Edited by marcopolo
Joe Frickin' Friday
Look for something that is Safety of Life At Sea (SOLAS) grade It is awesome.

SOLAS is pretty good:

2013-09-dances-with-cows-ra-edition-006-L.jpg

If you do a lot of riding at night, retroreflective stuff like that is really helpful, as it takes the light from the other guy's headlight and bounces it right back toward him for maximum conspicuity. Even in daylight though, the fluorescent yellow/lime-green color gets other driver's attention.

You can get six-inch wide tape here.