IGNORED

Boot Suggestions Wanted

eddd

My Sedici boots have been great and still have lots of life, but unfortunately they are no longer waterproof. I've had them for many years so I can't complain, but it is time for a new pair of boots.

I could use at least an extra inch of sole height to make it easier to maneuver my Triumph, but I'd like to stick with the traditional touring boot style...just with a much thicker sole than is found on most sport touring boots.

Of course they must be waterproof.

I've been on the net checking out all the regular vendors, but I haven't found anything yet, so I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks

Consider finding the boot you like minus the sole thickness and then have a cobbler add the height you want. I had 1/2" added to mine last winter and it made a big difference.

That same cobbler could probably make your current Sedici boots taller and waterproof too.

Edited by Sailorlite

Look at the Daytona M Star boots.

Available thru Revzilla and others.

Very high quality and will last for years,easily outlast any Sedici by a factor of at least 2-3.

They are the thick sole version of the well respected Daytona RoadStar.

Can possibly be found they some overseas sources for a lot less $$ than here.

I have two pair Daytona boots,Spirit XCR for warmer temps and RoadStars for rest of year.

I also have the Sidi Armadas,great boots,but a bit too warm for summer.

You are paying a price for the additional removable protection,which is ok for road use if you are searching for a higher level of protection,

Well built boots.

The Armada is built as a light to medium duty off road boot,that is convertible to road use.

JR356

Look at the Daytona M Star boots.

Available thru Revzilla and others.

+1 on the Daytona. The extra height is inconspicuous and they are very comfortable to walk in. Built tough and will last a long time.

Edited by LittleBriar

If you want your boots to remain waterproof make sure that the waterproof lining is Gortex. I like the TCX brand as the pricing is good and they fit my foot. I have had both the AIRTECH EVO GORE-TEX and what is now the X-FIVE.4 GORE-TEX boot and would recommend either one.

Good new boots out there.

I stuck with SIDI On Roads (w/1 resole) for hundreds of thousands of waterproof/comforable miles.

And the old version I had didn't "look" like something sci fi when wearing around town.

YMMV

Those aerostich boots are top drawer. No goretex liner though. Just traditional leather, which needs maintenance to be waterproof. Mine are over 12 years old, and still waterproof, until I stand around in ankle deep puddles.

But how often do you really do that?

I go back and forth between Obenauf's and Sno-Seal once or twice a year.

I have opted for he alpine stars "corozal" boot. Waterproof with leather and decent protection as well as damn comfortable. Sub 300 bucks. Very satisfied

Daytona GTX here...10 years and still going strong. They were (and still are) all-day comfortable right out of the box and also easy to walk in.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got a pair of SIDI All Road Gore-Tex arriving tomorrow. The Daytona M-Star GTX looked interesting, but the insert to provide extra height seemed to be more gimmick than anything since that really only raises your heel. I don't need to look taller, I need some extra height in the toe area to make it a little easier to back up bike.

sidi_all_road_gore_tex_boots_750x750.jpg

Edited by eddd

Good for you. They seem like they will serve you well.

As an addition to the conversation, a friend I know who rides a USA bike also had all the USA gear. The boots he had came with a patch of the same USA bike manufacturer's name. No surprise, everything they sell has their logo on it in some form or fashion. Nonetheless, this friend had a crash where he ended up rolling across the road and thankfully he was an ATTGAT at the time. One problem - the metal manufacturer's badge on the boots he was wearing came off, went through the leather and lodged in his heel. Ever since him telling me this, I have tried to NOT get gear with metal patches or clasps of any kind. So your boot choice is a good one.

I've been through some boots over 2 decades including BMW Allround Goretex but the Alpinestars Web GTX Goretex are by far my favorite boots ever -- light, warm and dry.

The Sidi boots didn't work out; the toe area was too narrow, so back they went. Next on the list of possibles was the Daytona Road Star GTX.

I got a return authorization from Revzilla, sent the Sidi boots back, and went to order the Daytonas...which turned out are out of stock in my size with a pretty sketchy time frame for when they would be back in stock. So...I'm Googling and Googling, getting hits mostly in Europe, but came across a link to helimot.com . They are a dealer for Daytona and had my size which were shipped the same day, and were even a little less expensive ("cheaper" is not a term I would use with these boots). Helimot's handling of the order was great, from answering questions to email notifications.

The Daytonas are a good fit so they are a keeper.

Now if I could only stop the barrage of ads for boots on every website I visit.

The Sidi boots didn't work out; the toe area was too narrow, so back they went. Next on the list of possibles was the Daytona Road Star GTX.

I got a return authorization from Revzilla, sent the Sidi boots back, and went to order the Daytonas...which turned out are out of stock in my size with a pretty sketchy time frame for when they would be back in stock. So...I'm Googling and Googling, getting hits mostly in Europe, but came across a link to helimot.com . They are a dealer for Daytona and had my size which were shipped the same day, and were even a little less expensive ("cheaper" is not a term I would use with these boots). Helimot's handling of the order was great, from answering questions to email notifications.

Go to your browser "history" and delete everything (including cookies) and those annoying ads will disappear.

Helimot's handling of the order was great, from answering questions to email notifications.

To remedy the barrage of boot internet ads...

I'd suggest you look for some women's breast feeding apparatus. In turn, the boot ads will be replaced with breasts and/or their apparatus. :wave:

I'd suggest you look for some women's breast feeding apparatus. In turn, the boot ads will be replaced with breasts and/or their apparatus. :wave:

Done! Way more amusing :rofl:

Did you find that they were big or small on the sizing. I've been planning on purchasing a new pair to replace an aged pair of another brand and find myself on the fence between a 42 and 43 size.

It is always tough to buy boots on line. I wear an 11 in most of my shoes and a 45 in most of my boots, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency in sizing among different boot makers. I relied on Anthony's Revzilla video and the size chart found on this page. That sizing chart was spot on for me meaning that the 45 was an 11.5 in the Daytona. Your sizing is a bit more of a toss up, but what I suggest is that you read every review on the Revzilla site that addresses the sizes you are considering. This is what I did. In those reviews I think you will find the answer to your sizing question.

That being said, the boots I got are a bit wider/roomier than most boots I have owned or tried which works well for me.

Edited by eddd

Posts like this irritate me. I am OLD and cannot for the life of me understand why we no longer get many shoes with REAL sizes on them. I wear an 11 E. If a shoe does not indicate the width, I assume it is crap and move on.

Posts like this irritate me. I am OLD and cannot for the life of me understand why we no longer get many shoes with REAL sizes on them. I wear an 11 E. If a shoe does not indicate the width, I assume it is crap and move on.

Because there are many more options on the market which means fewer of each model/size sold. Reducing the number of options reduces costs and cuts down unsold inventory because most folks give up (or don't know there's an option!) and get what comes closest to a proper fit.

I'm not saying that's a good plan and certainly not good for you...but at least it's driving your business toward those companies that share your understanding of the value of proper sizing.

If you want your boots to remain waterproof make sure that the waterproof lining is Gortex. I like the TCX brand as the pricing is good and they fit my foot. I have had both the AIRTECH EVO GORE-TEX and what is now the X-FIVE.4 GORE-TEX boot and would recommend either one.

+1 on TCX brand and SIDI Canyon is a good choice too. Revzilla is great if you are not sure on size as their exchange policy is the best.