IGNORED

Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) Sparta, NC April 24-28

Indy Dave

I'm not sure which gets more abused...Endo's CC or Marks hair dryer.

Bob's credit card, as I have taken to bringing my own hair dryer!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

About time you showed up again!!!!! :wave::clap:

Ummm.... Bud?

Dave,

Put a new battery in the R 1150 R. Filled the tank with high test gas, can of Seafoam and a can of Techron.

Turned the key to on, hit the starter and it started right up after sitting for a year.

So I will be there. :bike:

Bud - Those are indeed very good signs and I'm excited for the prospect of your triumphant return. But... I can't help but wonder if by Spring, another bike won't have caught your eye and the R1150 will be long gone and all of us STARTing this year will wait in wonderment at IF you'll arrive, and if so, on what. At any rate, upon your arrival, the drinks are on ENBOBOB!!

Erdoc - pleased your will join us again! I'm away for the weekend, so I'll get the list updated when I return.

Bud - Those are indeed very good signs and I'm excited for the prospect of your triumphant return. But... I can't help but wonder if by Spring, another bike won't have caught your eye and the R1150 will be long gone and all of us STARTing this year will wait in wonderment at IF you'll arrive, and if so, on what. At any rate, upon your arrival, the drinks are on me.

Dave - I fixed it for you!

OK I'm really in now I actually made a reservation. I called in and they said there was a credit card on file for the group, is that Bob's?

Edited by ltljohn
OK I'm really in now I actually made a reservation. I called in and they said there was a credit card on file for the group, is that Bob's?

OMG - I hope not!

OMG - I hope not!

I'm sure it's not Bob's card since we just starting maxing that out at the last FART :)

It may be mine or Dave's since we started this reservation...just remember, we know where to find you twice a year :Yes:

OMG - I hope not!

I'm sure it's not Bob's card since we just starting maxing that out at the last FART :)

It may be mine or Dave's since we started this reservation...just remember, we know where to find you twice a year :Yes:

Don't be so sure, I called the 800 number on the back and got a limit increase! :beer::whistle::wave::spittake:

Don't be so sure, I called the 800 number on the back and got a limit increase! :beer::whistle::wave::spittake:

Dave - Looking for pizza places in Sparta, NC - I found this review online:

"We were staying next door at the Alleghany Inn and needed a bite before everything shut down. We walked across the parking lot to JB's. It's a small little pizza, burger, and sub restaurant. They only take cash but there's an ATM inside. We found a table and were quickly greeted. They had a tv or two and the place was pretty busy (like the motel) due to a motorcycle touring group.

So Dave - it Looks like you will not be able to use my credit card. :grin:

Dave change me to Friday night. After looking at the distance, I am going to trailer my bike to Asheville late Thursday night. Stay the night in Asheville at the Asheville EAST KOA, leave the truck and trailer at the KOA and ride up Friday. Then on Sunday I will take a nice fun route back to Asheville East KOA, Load the bike back up and have a nice comfortable ride home in the truck on the highway :-)

I have no interest in riding a nice long fun route for 9-10 hours on Sunday, or a 7 hour highway ride on the bike. So trailering it is.

I understand Randy, I really do. But I just want to be sure that you've not come under any undue influence from a certain endo-dds type, causing you to push your arrival to Friday. :shake:

1499587318_attendingJan23.thumb.jpg.da2a25bd096c9c959d4076e4d4237914.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave

*** NOTICE *** PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT! ***

I have heard rumors from sources that suggest STARTers are being contacted from someone calling himself the "JAWBREAKER". Apparently, JAWBREAKER is offering a 2018 BMW GSA Triple Black with CLEAN TITLE in exchange for delaying one's arrival to START in Sparta until after the ALL YOU CAN EAT PIZZA SMORGASBORD.

Be on the lookout for this trickster this Halloween:

i-HkzzG4G.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave

Dave no undue influence was used :-) Actually I am a little torn between two options

1. trailer to Asheville East KOA stay the night then a fun Blue Ridge Parkway run up to Alleghany Inn Friday morning

2. Trailer to Asheville East KOA unload the bikes and then a 3hr ride via I-40 to Alleghany Inn Thursday night, but then do the fun BRP run Sunday morning back to Asheville KOA

either way we would miss the Thursday dinner. Cannot leave Atlanta until around 4pm and a 6.5 hour drive/unload/ride puts us in around 10pm at earliest, maybe 11pm at latest

choices, choices.

I just might be able to make this one, Sparta was great.

Wanna ride down together?

I have a schedule conflict but I am trying to fix that. If can fix it it would be great to have a riding partner.

Just like that, I may be out... Business travel on Saturday... I think I may shoot for being there Tuesday-Thursday and travel on Friday...

Ken &: Dave -- Thank you for planning yet another fantastic get together for us all!

I'm IN!! Reservation made for Wed.-Sun.

Shannon - Thank You (and everyone else) for continuing to come back for more!! Glad we're on your schedule for Spring! :clap:

Dave,

Terri and I are IN, but for Thur-Sun. When we get closer we may opt for the extra day, but we'll have to see. Right now we can pretty much guarantee Thurs-Sun. And we're looking forward to it. We had a fantastic time last time in Sparta. I had a great time scouting that summer with Blind Squirrel and BrianH, I believe. I also think Alan and I did a few trips through the area. Jeez! My memory is fading! Gah!

Dave,

Terri and I are IN, but for Thur-Sun. When we get closer we may opt for the extra day, but we'll have to see. Right now we can pretty much guarantee Thurs-Sun. And we're looking forward to it. We had a fantastic time last time in Sparta. I had a great time scouting that summer with Blind Squirrel and BrianH, I believe. I also think Alan and I did a few trips through the area. Jeez! My memory is fading! Gah!

Craig - So glad you both can commit this early! Sparta was well received and often requested as a return town. When you get your scouting team together, you guys don't miss a beat!

Also memorable (for me anyway) in Sparta was riding with you, Terri, Foot, BrainH and Christopher. And of course, that useful Tea Tree Shampoo set we all got for you. :wave:

Thank goodness they also have a local Wellness Center. That is the deciding factor! In Wed. - Sun.

Randy

I think The Pines Restaurant IS the Wellness Center

:grin:

Either way I am in for at least Wednesday and if the MOC Spring Rally is not the same weekend as it was last year I'm in thru Sunday!

Ed, Ron and Chuck - I've updated the tally - thank you for joining us again! Ed - Are you buying at The Pines?!

Chuck - Thanks for the reminder for those of us in the midwest and elsewhere who have lost sight of the unbelievable destruction your region suffered. I am sorry - how are you managing?

Edited by Indy Dave

In for Thursday thru Sunday.

Stayed there on past trips down the BRPky. Nothing fancy, but very comfortable and rider friendly. The little dinner on site serves a good breakfast.

In for Thursday thru Sunday.

Stayed there on past trips down the BRPky. Nothing fancy, but very comfortable and rider friendly. The little dinner on site serves a good breakfast.

+1 on the comfortable and rider friendly. There is also gas and beer across the street and BBQ a short walk away.

Dave (F16) - great to have you back; and dave - looking forward to meeting you! Any friend of (yet another Dave!) DaveC must be long suffering is a friend of ours! If nothing else, we'll need to get a picture of the Dave's in Sparta.

1499587318_attendingJan23.thumb.jpg.da2a25bd096c9c959d4076e4d4237914.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
Dave,

Craig - So glad you both can commit this early! Sparta was well received and often requested as a return town. When you get your scouting team together, you guys don't miss a beat!

Also memorable (for me anyway) in Sparta was riding with you, Terri, Foot, BrainH and Christopher. And of course, that useful Tea Tree Shampoo set we all got for you. :wave:

Well, free free to give all the unused Tea Tree shampoos t me again. Terri loves that stuff in her hair. I love it on my back!

I believe Steve F was also with us on that ride. What a day of riding that was. Geez ... definitely one of the most memorable days. Perfect!

I'm IN for Wed - Sun. I missed the last two 'ARTS and that's two too many. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

So happy you're able to join in again. You were missed. No one brought any tequila in your stead.

I believe Steve F was also with us on that ride. What a day of riding that was. Geez ... definitely one of the most memorable days. Perfect!

So happy you're able to join in again. You were missed. No one brought any tequila in your stead.

What he said, x2! That was a great group and an epic day! And...welcome back Brian!

Looking fwd to Sparta Redux 2019!

CP

Let's just see about that. Alan still in the back on both. Check. Steve with shades in the second one. That's better. Oh, Dave D in the second one. Well, I guess, ok, yes, that's absolutely right Dave. Much, much better. And good to have your shirt all the way on in this one. :rofl:

Let's just see about that. Alan still in the back on both. Check. Steve with shades in the second one. That's better. Oh, Dave D in the second one. Well, I guess, ok, yes, that's absolutely right Dave. Much, much better. And good to have your shirt all the way on in this one. :rofl:

You're catching on Randy!

Now, concerning my display of modesty in the photos with regards to my keeping my shirt on - one must remember (and this is illustrated in the photos as well) - this was a sensitive and delicate group I was with.

Slight hijack that I can fill you in more on at START. I attended the Poe Ditch Music Festival at BGSU in 1975. Here is a link to some photos. We had a number of visitors from IN. I saw your shirtless posse here, but couldn't find you in the pictures. I will continue trying to find you in the historical annals of this event.

Randy

https://www.bgfalconmedia.com/gallery/poe-ditch-music-festival/collection_d2e953da-efa3-11e4-bcbc-7bf6412985ab.html

In friday and saturday. Turning 83 on wed. the 24th so can't come sooner. Daughter cooking special dinner for BD.

You're 10 years ahead of me, Marty. If you can do it, I can do it.

We have friends in Greensboro, NC, so I may ride up Wednesday, stay overnight with them, then have a lazy 100+ mile ride to Sparta on Thursday.

In. Arriving on the 25th.

GREAT Ed! :clap:

Slight hijack that I can fill you in more on at START. I attended the Poe Ditch Music Festival at BGSU in 1975. Here is a link to some photos. We had a number of visitors from IN. I saw your shirtless posse here, but couldn't find you in the pictures. I will continue trying to find you in the historical annals of this event.

Randy

https://www.bgfalconmedia.com/gallery/poe-ditch-music-festival/collection_d2e953da-efa3-11e4-bcbc-7bf6412985ab.html

Well Sir, (wayyy) back in 1975 I was hardly into double digits age-wise. :dontknow: Looks like that was a great party though! You guys knew how to party back them :old:

Well, that would explain your absence!

He said he was in single digits ... he did not say he was not there. He may have been in "accelerated learning"

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

He said he was in single digits ... he did not say he was not there. He may have been in "accelerated learning"

To be clear, I said I was barley into double digits. But the fact is, I've always been told I act like a ten year old. :ohboy: So... That kind of negates the accelerated learning thing. :spittake:

In Wednesday thru Sunday + Chris K

Woot woot! Looking forward to seeing you and Chris, Joel! :clap:

Edited by Indy Dave

To be clear, I said I was barley into double digits. But the fact is, I've always been told I act like a ten year old. :ohboy: So... That kind of negates the accelerated learning thing. :spittake:

Woot woot! Looking forward to seeing you and Chris, Joel! :clap:

Kind of like the old saying ...."I may have to grow old but I don't have to grow up"

• 2 weeks later...