IGNORED

"Tech Dayz" northern New Mexico/ four corners area

Hello All,

Anyone interested in attending/ participating in a "Tech Day"?

Date is to be determined.

I am new to my BMW and would love some guidance.

It might be tough to get many participants in your area. I'm guessing there are not a lot of BMW owners near you.

I'm quite familiar with the R1100RT model and might be able to help you out, but I'm about 400 miles away. Do you have specific procedures you'd like to learn? How many miles are on your bike? Do you have an idea of the service history?

I am definitely willing to travel and compensate with beer and money .

Things I have to do :

fluids, filters

-brake flush

-tbs+valves

-rear brakes

-check the HES

eventually

-the fork seals

-ss brake lines

The bike has 79k miles. service history looks good for the first 50k miles but not sure from the last owner. seems to run well but in need of service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gregory

Nothing on your list would present a problem, but if you can afford the new brake lines it would make sense to do those in conjunction with a brake flush.

We are the only two posting on the thread so let's use PM (Private Message), work out some logistics, and then come back to a general thread when we have some firm information. That being said...is anyone else lurking here who would be interested?

I would be interested in joining in on a Tech Day, if it works out. I get to NM pretty often, but don't have set plans for the next visit yet. So let me know when and where you're going to get together and I'll see if I can make it. (My bike is currently in Ellensburg WA.)

I would be interested in joining in on a Tech Day, if it works out. I get to NM pretty often, but don't have set plans for the next visit yet. So let me know when and where you're going to get together and I'll see if I can make it. (My bike is currently in Ellensburg WA.)

If this comes together it could be in Hurricane, UT.

I have found it's already too cold (and I've become too soft) to ride the Ducati much this year, but I know a guy locally who just bought an LT sidecar rig (he has a gs rig as well, but it's not as cosy looking!) - I'm wondering if I could convince him it would be a feasible and good idea to come visit such an event. It's only like 1200 miles :)

Edited by szurszewski