IGNORED

DaveCinNO racks up 200K and counting

Indy Dave

The November issue of BMW ON features and recognizes our own DaveCinNO for passing 200,000 miles on BMWs!

Congratulations Dave! :clap::thumbsup:

img045.jpg

Congrats, Dave.

I remember the first El Paseo and you standing on side of the road capturing pics of people you didn't know, yet.

Here's to many, many more miles and smiles..

:wave:

Thanks for all your kind responses. It has been and continues to be a great adventure I'm sharing with all of you.

I actually did have a couple sentences about the UN rally and the bmwst.com group but it didn't pass the editing table...too bad. Hopefully MOA isn't discouraging rides not associated with them. Guess I wasn't discrete enough. ðŸ˜

Did you tell BMWMOA that lot of those miles came while you were FARTing?

I was thinking he was probably FARTing when he passed 200k.

It looks like we joined the board about the same time. I have a few less posts that you, and only half the miles on BMW; well done and congratulations!

Randy

Congratulations, Dave. Great achievement. Glad to have shared some of those miles with you.

+ 1 - I too have enjoyed some of those miles with you and very much look forward to many more! :thumbsup:

I just received and opened my MOA news and Ed Apelian (RTinNC on the board, who also posted above) is also featured for hitting 100K miles on BMWs! Ed, Don and I rode to Americade in the spring. Congratulations Ed!

Randy

Ed! Congratulations!! I'm sorry I didn't look a little closer! Truth be told - I heard around the campfire that Dave was going to be in this months ON. I was busy with trailer issues that evening, so it was only just before bed that I noticed the magazine had arrived and so it got a very quick glance in the uh . . . library :ohboy:

Congratulations and well done!

Congratulations Ed, well done.

I sent in my documentation, years ago.

Never really mattered, but we were closing dealership so why not?

Sent in documentation for 100,000, 200,000, 300,00, 400,000 as that was all I had dealer documentation for.

They sent my a badge and certificate for 100,000 miles.

No explanation.

Follow up got me nowhere.

Weird as this is American not German perk of MOA memebership.

Decided it was what it was, or wasn't, and not gonna lose sleep over it.

img046%20crop.jpg

img047.jpg

HA! Thanks for posting that ...ironically I have not yet received my copy of the November ON !!

Yeah .... I loved my '06 RT as we traveled well together and she never let me down. That was the bike I crossed the dreadful Mackinaw Bridge on! (will not be crossing that 7 miles of hell again!)

Congratulations Ed, well done.

I sent in my documentation, years ago.

Never really mattered, but we were closing dealership so why not?

Sent in documentation for 100,000, 200,000, 300,00, 400,000 as that was all I had dealer documentation for.

They sent my a badge and certificate for 100,000 miles.

No explanation.

Follow up got me nowhere.

Weird as this is American not German perk of MOA memebership.

Decided it was what it was, or wasn't, and not gonna lose sleep over it.

Thanks!

WOW ... Jim Heberling who handles the mileage certificates was great and walked me through the process. He even allowed me to buy a 2nd sticker since I have 2 bikes. I would drop him a note as he was really great and am sure he'll get your stuff straight. Jim's e-mail is bassdog24@gmail.com

img046%20crop.jpg

img047.jpg

HA! Thanks for posting that ...ironically I have not yet received my copy of the November ON !!

Yeah .... I loved my '06 RT as we traveled well together and she never let me down. That was the bike I crossed the dreadful Mackinaw Bridge on! (will not be crossing that 7 miles of hell again!)

Congrats Ed! Keep on riding.

img046%20crop.jpg

img047.jpg

Thanks Bernie! It was actually your certification a few months ago that inspired me to calculate my total BMW miles. Was happy I had about 106K at the time but lord I feel like an apprentice compared to you and the other guys here. I am hoping retirement will help boost my miles and get me to the next plateau is fewer years.

img046%20crop.jpg

img047.jpg

Thanks Bernie! It was actually your certification a few months ago that inspired me to calculate my total BMW miles. Was happy I had about 106K at the time but lord I feel like an apprentice compared to you and the other guys here. I am hoping retirement will help boost my miles and get me to the next plateau is fewer years.

Best of luck with the retirement, a lot of retired friends are having a difficult time trying to find time to go for a ride.

Years of back logged projects are consuming all their free time.

Hope to see you at START or if we have a warm winter, maybe you can ride south to one of the famous SECFF Lunches.

Best of luck with the retirement, a lot of retired friends are having a difficult time trying to find time to go for a ride.

Years of back logged projects are consuming all their free time.

Amen to that! Not sure how I ever had time to work full time! :thumbsup:

Edited by Endobobdds

I totally understand the "being to busy in retirement to ride" concept. I am going to make riding more of priority in 2019.

Hope to be at START ... .if Randy attends I may tag along

Edited by RTinNC

Congratulations Dave. It's been a few years since we connected. Still have Big Red, the 97 RT that's takin me on some great rides, Newfoundland one of them. Now has 185K on the odometer. Received my 200K award a couple of years ago, so I guess I qualify to welcome you to the club.

Take care, ride safe,

Dave Sawyer

Hey, Dave...it has been a few years. Glad to hear you and Big Red are still going strong. Come join us at the START rally in the spring and we'll catch up.

Wasn't aware of the Start rally. Have stayed at the Allegany Inn a few times on trips on the BRP. Just made a reservation for Thursday thru Sunday. Looking forward to riding together again. Hope I can keep up.

Edited by dave sawyer