IGNORED

Android bluetooth

Rob L

The realm of modern communication is often baffling for me, so I need help. Can I pair my android phone to the bike and listen to Pandora through the stereo system? Do I need to do this through the Nav V? I have earbuds that hardwire into my stereo and they work well for me. I would love to use Pandora instead of Sirius because I can use it in my car or when I mow the lawn or....whenever.

I can pair my Android (Samsung) phone to my Nav V and stream whatever I want (Pandora, Amazon Music, local MP3 files, etc.). Works well. From what I have read (I have a GS not an RT) the RT has some Bluetooth pairing issues, so the Nav V route might be your best option.

Edited by AZgman

Again, I am not sure how to complete this process. I managed to pair my phone to the Nav V but can't seem to play music from the cell through my bike's speakers.

I believe you have to hardwire the Android device to the USB plug in the right side glove box and then switch the audio input on the radio to Aux.

That should then let you select what you want to listen to on your Android phone.

If you send me a PM with your email, I can forward you a copy of the Audio System Pairing manual, or you can download it from some of the BMW's websites.

Edited by Bernie

I could have sworn someone had found a Bluetooth adapter that plugged into the AUX and USB inputs on the BMW. It had it's own Bluetooth receiver built in. Then in emulated an IPod. So in other words, the bike thought you had an IPod connected. But you just paired your phone to this device and you could control the songs from the left hand controller. Or stream your Pandora.

I'm thinking it was this device.

https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-WMA3000B-Bluetooth-Interface-integration/dp/B0131P6P5E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1540754418&sr=8-3&keywords=tune+2+air+bmw

Interesting! Being an old fart, I still have an iPod loaded with my old fart music. Unfortunately, the whole MP3 vs MP4 scenario doesn't work with my '16 RT. You make it sound as though this little device may be the answer. Hmmm....worth a try, don't you think? Thank you for your input!

Interesting! Being an old fart, I still have an iPod loaded with my old fart music. Unfortunately, the whole MP3 vs MP4 scenario doesn't work with my '16 RT. You make it sound as though this little device may be the answer. Hmmm....worth a try, don't you think? Thank you for your input!