11-L.jpg

10-L.jpg

7-M.jpg

8-L.jpg

14-L.jpg

12-L.jpg

1-M.jpg

I certainly plan on being there! :thumbsup:

Looks like a nice day ride to John's kid's place on 2 Wolf Pond Rd, Owls Head, NY 12969. Their website says they are open for lunch, however, closed on Monday and Tuesday.

Looks like a busy June. Americade in Lake George is June 4 - 8, The MOA rally in Tennessee is June 13 - 16, and the Un is the end of the month.

I was honored to be invited to take a peek at the area. I must say it's an extremely WORTHY choice! :thumbsup: I present few GIANT pics. :dontknow::grin:

Bob descending Whiteface Mt.

image.jpg

Beemer dudes & boats (sorry, one former Beemer dude now riding Triumph) :grin:

image.jpg

image.jpg

We actually had to hike the last few hundred feet to the summit but the elevator should be repaired before the UN. :P The views are something else!

777158974_Patsiphone9-30-18021.thumb.JPG.b8ed09e4d182f7794ab587e738bc93e2.JPG

Experimenting with the pics sticking here. If they don't, I will fix soon.

Pat

Pat knows most of the area of next year's Un well and we are counting on him for some shared files with proposed day rides! :thumbsup:

I've been known to crack under pressure :whistle: but will do my best. :)

Pat

About 18 hours one way drive

I will be trailering from Atlanta

I may just spend the week on the beach :-)

Edited by randy

I am SO GLAD to see someone was able to get the powers to be, to hold the UN in Upstate New York... I'm kind of sweet on the place! Looking forward to this... even if I'm not currently on a BMW!

I am SO GLAD to see someone was able to get the powers to be, to hold the UN in Upstate New York... I'm kind of sweet on the place! Looking forward to this... even if I'm not currently on a BMW!

New blood, new outlook......

No excuses this year......I'm in

It will be good to see you again. If it works out maybe we can run up together. I already have a couple of routes in mind.

Paul Heid of Heid's Hodaka/BMW said if the timing was right, he'd love to show some of us the100 miles of dirt roads he has mapped out in and around his town of Johnsburg. My understanding, his shop is old school that no longer sells new BMW motorcycles but, he's a Master Technician. Sounds cool & it appears he's a wheelie madman also! :revit::grin:

Pat

Paul Heid of Heid's Hodaka/BMW said if the timing was right, he'd love to show some of us the100 miles of dirt roads he has mapped out in and around his town of Johnsburg. My understanding, his shop is old school that no longer sells new BMW motorcycles but, he's a Master Technician. Sounds cool & it appears he's a wheelie madman also! :revit::grin:

Pat

THAT would be fun!!

Yeah, I talked with him for about a half hour on the phone and he sounded very enthusiastic about showing us around some of the lesser traveled roads he has tucked in his head. (Sounds a little bit like a guy we know from N. Florida ;) ) I have a route mapped out to his place and when we get together on a date that works for the intrested group, I'll see if it jives with him. :thumbsup:

If it doesn't work with him, it's still going to be a great ride! :burnout:

Pat

Yeah, I talked with him for about a half hour on the phone and he sounded very enthusiastic about showing us around some of the lesser traveled roads he has tucked in his head. (Sounds a little bit like a guy we know from N. Florida ;) ) I have a route mapped out to his place and when we get together on a date that works for the interested group, I'll see if it jives with him. :thumbsup:

Pat

Pat - count me in for that day's ride! Nothing better than following a fellow motorcycle enthusiast that knows the local roads or second best to follow their suggested routes! :clap:

I try to do that when attending our BMWST START or FARTs events. :thumbsup: Thanks to Ken's routes and the guy we know from N. Florida I have been on some fantastic roads that I would never have found on my own! :)

This sounds great! My cousin raises Thoroughbreds in Saratoga Springs. This will dovetail great with a visit to his farm! I'm in for my first Un!

Peter

About 18 hours one way drive

I will be trailering from Atlanta

I may just spend the week on the beach :-)

If it's 18 hours for you, I'm guessing a few more for me!

I hope to be there!

Looks like good eats in the area will not be an issue.

Nope, no issue. :eat: If I get the chance to lead a ride my motto will be...I may get you lost, but you won't go hungry. :grin:

Pat

Yeah, I talked with him for about a half hour on the phone and he sounded very enthusiastic about showing us around some of the lesser traveled roads he has tucked in his head. (Sounds a little bit like a guy we know from N. Florida ;) ) I have a route mapped out to his place and when we get together on a date that works for the intrested group, I'll see if it jives with him. :thumbsup:

Pat

I spent a couple days riding a GS around there when my race car was being restored in the upstate. Did a backroad loop west then north out of Lake George to Lake Placid and back, really nice riding w/great scenery and surprisingly almost no traffic. First time I'd ever seen a moose, he was huge and standing in the middle of the road, probably didn't realize he was south of the border. :grin:

I spent a couple days riding a GS around there when my race car was being restored in the upstate. First time I'd ever seen a moose, he was huge and standing in the middle of the road, probably didn't realize he was south of the border. :grin:

Yeah, good thing it was back then. A passport would be a real PITA for him today. :grin:

If the Camp-Van only travels East-West and you don't mind flying, let me know. Little Blue. ;)

Pat

I spent a couple days riding a GS around there when my race car was being restored in the upstate. First time I'd ever seen a moose, he was huge and standing in the middle of the road, probably didn't realize he was south of the border. :grin:

Yeah, good thing it was back then. A passport would be a real PITA for him today. :grin:

If the Camp-Van only travels East-West and you don't mind flying, let me know. Little Blue. ;)

Pat

Be a long shot but thanks boss, will do..

The Essex Ferry is an easy access route to & from VT. One of the planned routes to Whiteface Mountain will have us traveling this way. :thumbsup:

image.jpg

Pat

try and get him to send you route if possible, that would be great.

Yes, I gave Paul my email and he said he was going to send some info my way. I'll probably have to touch base with him again, maybe narrowing down a ride date.

Pat

This is Rt 73 on the way to Lake Placid. Remember, this road leads you to that juicy burger a few pics back at the LP Pub & Brewery. Kinda hard to go wrong there! :grin:

i-DDzNGcJ-XL.jpg

Pat

Flume Falls on Rt. 86 just south of Wilmigton and or Whiteface Mt. Bring the trunks! :)

1010063848_35mxs-XL.jpg

Pat

I wanna go here

We can do that! :thumbsup:

Pat

Looks like a great location, but I'm busy with my (hopefully last) national professional society meeting that week.

Maybe I will finally have a summer off in 2020 :(

Mike Cassidy

Too bad Mike. Yep, work & family sometimes interferes with us being the wandering Cowboys we wish to be. I have heard though, they will keep making the work. :grin:

Joe, thank you for the beautiful pics on ADV. :clap:

Loon Lake In Chestertown Ny.

i-7LGFxvS-XL.jpg

Pat

Pat - Please keep posting these wonderful pictures! It will make the winter months go by quicker for many of us and keep us planning for our next UnRally! :clap:

I had planned on doing the 12K service on my GSA tomorrow at our local BMW club's Tech Day. However, it is snowing here in DC today and I have yet to receive my Aerostich that I ordered last month. :(

Edited by Endobobdds