IGNORED

Electric Ural

MikeB60

That's really interesting. Having dealt with the shortcomings of the gassed Ural, that might make the riding experience a lot more enjoyable.

That's really interesting. Having dealt with the shortcomings of the gassed Ural, that might make the riding experience a lot more enjoyable.

This.

Although the gas rig at 45-50, set up properly. can be a fun ride, IMO.

Always wanted to fill sidecar with beverages and set up shop at the beach.

:lurk:

It doesn't look like they used any of the sidecar room to add a nice battery upgrade. They could put a low flat battery pack in there and double the range. What a waste.

It doesn't look like they used any of the sidecar room to add a nice battery upgrade. They could put a low flat battery pack in there and double the range. What a waste.

And while I am not an engineer could they not have added some type of solar panel charger on the sidecar?

• 2 weeks later...

And while I am not an engineer could they not have added some type of solar panel charger on the sidecar?

Ural included two Zero battery packs.... a ZF13.0 and ZF6.5 pack provides 19.5 kWh of battery.

Zero just provided existing hardware so Ural could adapt it to their machine.

Remember this is just a prototype/proof of concept & technology may advance a bit before it gets produced (most notably rumored release of solid state battery's that will be MUCH safer then li-on & hold 2-3 times more energy for the same physical size/footprint).

As far as mounting a solar panel?

It's really not feasible...

Remember that the battery is 19kw so to recharge via a sidecar mounted panel would take quite some time. Days or weeks perhaps if not optimally positioned. Of course any supplemented power source is better then none providing its durable enough & doesn't add aero drag.

I am a bit envious of the parking brake.

I use a piece of semi thick nylon string to hold the front brake lever to act as a parking brake on my 16 DSR (Zero).

I use a piece of semi thick nylon string to hold the front brake lever to act as a parking brake on my 16 DSR (Zero).

A Velcro strap would probably be easier to use. I've got one that came with my emergency wheel removal jack that I got for my KLX.

A Velcro strap would probably be easier to use. ..........

I won't say your wrong as I've never used a Velcro strap for this purpose.

I can't imagine anything easier then a 6" piece of string thats ends are permanently tied togeather around the right hand gard for this purpose.

It's always at the ready & doesn't get in the way :thumbsup:

I won't say your wrong as I've never used a Velcro strap for this purpose.

I can't imagine anything easier then a 6" piece of string thats ends are permanently tied togeather around the right hand gard for this purpose.

It's always at the ready & doesn't get in the way :thumbsup:

Ah! I didn't realize your string was permanently attached. I thought you were tying knots in it every time.