IGNORED

2018 DVD CHECK -IN

Bigfish

Carla and Dennis made it home safe. Kickstand Down in garage at 5:30 PM.

Noticed my rear tire rim was coated with grim so took a closer look and discovered Final Drive seal had leaked from previous days ride. MB Electric and Real Shelby helped in confirming it was not catastrophic but to watch carefully. Carla and I decided to head home just to be safe. Hardly any residue after 350 miles today thank goodness. Great ride home but will be putting in a new seal very soon. Great times... we really enjoy you guys and gals. Haven't laughed that hard in a while. Getting to spend time with Real Shelby was a great treat this morning. Kinda glad I had bike issues and got to spend time with the guy who rode from Houston.

Sorry I missed it. I had to cancel at the last minute due to the fire situation here in Southern Calif. The exchange club was nice and refunded my deposit.

On Friday afternoon the area I live in was deemed at risk from an approaching fire front and a mandatory evacuation was instigated for the area. I gathered up my dog, important paperwork, and exited the area.

As of this Sunday evening I am no longer officially evacuated from my home. I can sleep in my own bed tonight. Unlike some other 150 households I still have a home to return to.

Try again next year.

Stan

Mr Duck in 1:30.....cool but clear weather, we looked like the Gerbings family reunion at breakfast! Saturday nights dinner was “ entertaining “ to say the least 😵

Big fun as always really good to see everyone, we'll do this again next year

Don J

Home in under four hours with strong wind the entire way. Good time as usual.

I'm putting in a formal request to adopt these two:

Burros-17-DSC_0497-slide.jpg

and I've already decided on their names...Todd and Dave. :lurk:

In at 1:30. Great weekend. The wildlife made this trip unique. Look for Temecula Days announcement in January. Thinking about the weekend of March 16 and 17.

Home around 03:30

Rode the last 70 miles with Gary, leaving Groan Up, at MT Emma Road to do Angeles Forrest Road by himself.

We took the back way up to Wrightwood as Gary was going to visit a friend in Rancho Cucamonga and then to we separated one off-ramp apart.

A great weekend at a great event

A Big Thanks to Mr. Duck for making it happen

In at the cabin in the Sierras at 330.. Mikko and I rode the Eastern route to 120. We saw a low of 32F a few times. I was thinking it would be nice to arrive at the cabin to a hot shower. Not so. Looks like my water heater took a dump. I'll heat a pan of water on the stove “old school” camp style.

No pictures but it was a glorious ride.

See all of you again.

MB>

In at 5:30 at comfort inn. I had lunch in bishop, where I put on some more clothes after 266/168 ended up being COLD

I arrived in Yosemite valley at about 3:30. No smoke!!

Oh, that park employee in the white suv didn't like the way I was riding. Grrr.

Arrived home about 4:30, taking the desert two-lane route south from Baker. When I got to Baker, it was quite windy, and pretty much crosswind to I-15. The desert route would be mostly downwind, so I chose that, even though it's longer. That plan worked until and I came out the south end of Joshua Tree and found Box Canyon Rd. closed, so I had to go west (crosswind) on I-10 for about 20 miles to catch 86 south. It was pretty brutal, blowing me around a lot, and there was a traffic tie-up due to a semi on its side in the median. But it all worked out, and Montezuma Grade was a blast, as usual, despite some traffic. Oh, and going through Joshua Tree was free in honor of Veterans Day.

IN here in the Bay Area at 7:30. Good gosh it was cold over the Sierra passes. Had a douche bag in a cage mess with me on Hwy 88 passing lane. He followed me into a gas station later butt I managed to get my message of displeasure through to him. Somehow he decided not to get out of his car and left without further incident.

Very smoky the minute I crested the Carson Summit. Had some warm Wor Wonton soup in Sacramento before slabbing the rest of the way home. Had a great time, rode great roads and enjoyed seeing everyone.

Remember........Crack Kills!

Russ

Edited by RT Russ

Arrived home sometime around 3 pm. Angeles Forest was a little windy, but fun.

I had a great weekend hanging around with all you ol' coots.

I don't think I can go back to KC's. I've been traumatized...

:facepalm:

Forgot to mention I had a bighorn sheep run across the road in front of me as I came down the hill on Amboy Road toward Twentynine Palms! That's a first.

Home safe Monday morning. Rode back along the Sierra foothills to Cathy's Valley and then rode the Hornitos Road to the Old Toll Road to 99 after which I "slabbed" the rest of the way. Air was clean near the Sierras, but got dirty with an overcast once I hit 99. Had a bit of a "pucker" moment when a lady changed lanes and almost got me. All's well that ends well.

Left early am Sunday headed toward Los Angeles. Quite the dust storm in Death Valley! Was going to get off I-15 and ride the Angeles Crest highway, but the wind was so bad I just headed for the motel. I have never ridden in winds that strong for that long. Wind doesn't really excite me, but the extra concentration in keeping ready for it wears you down!

Leaving early Tuesday morning for Houston.

Glad you made it with no worries Big Fish!

Was going to get off I-15 and ride the Angeles Crest highway, but the wind was so bad I just headed for the motel.

This makes me think I made the right decision to take the southbound desert two-lanes. The 20 miles I spent getting blown around on westbound I-10 were bad enough. I'm glad you made it through!

Home in under four hours with strong wind the entire way. Good time as usual.

I'm putting in a formal request to adopt these two:

Burros-17-DSC_0497-slide.jpg

and I've already decided on their names...Todd and Dave. :lurk:

Eddd...

Are you're looking for a good Emotional Support Service Animal so you'll be able to take them anywhere and everywhere? You know most airlines let them on for free.

Stubble and Mrs. Stubble got home last night after spending sunday night at Topaz Lake. Lots of smoke in the sac valley and home. Thanks to all for a great weekend. You're the best. Pics to come.

Left LA about 3:30 am Tuesday. Couldn't get out of there quick enough.....Thought I might beat the wind. No. It was really bad on 60 and I-10. But I eventually got away from the worst of it. Rode 60 east of Phoenix to Lordsburg, that is a nice road and really doesn't take much longer than just buzzing I-10. Made it to El Paso, Texas. Heading out.....29 degrees.....

Home! El Paso to Houston instead of staying one more night on the road. Just under 1600 miles from LA to home in two days. Didn't sweat much, in fact my heated gear was on the whole way back! Good trip overall. Enjoyed seeing friends in Beatty! LA was a business trip. There will be changes to the Quiet Ride screens and I am working on a K 1600 version. So that made the trip important to get some things worked out!

Any more tickets john?

Haha, thankfully no!!

It was nice to ride on 1 again, twice. As cold as it was on 168 (to be honest I did have the windshield down), I put on no cold gear from Oakhurst to PG, 41>46>1. Perfect riding weather. I'm thinking the gopro pics will be nicer from the S-N ride vs the other way due to the sun shining directly from the west. The final leg was Taft>home, 2.5 hours, and the gopro was still clicking off the 5sec time lapse pics on arrival. I'm going to have to find out just long it can last on a battery. pics to come.